[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redundancy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: fired.jpg (19 KB, 245x255) Image search: [Google]
fired.jpg
19 KB, 245x255
Right /adv/ so today I got hauled into a meeting at work to effectively be told as of next week my job will no longer exist.

"We will look to redeploy you within the company but this will be a different role to what you're working".

Turns out that different role is about 3k less than what I earn now.

Do I tell them to shove their role up their ass or is that cutting my nose off to spite my face? I enjoy working for the company and have it pretty sweet in terms of flexible hours etc. Might just be that I'm lazy and can't be bothered looking for a new job but I dunno. What would you do?
>>
Id take it and look elsewhere for a higher paying job. Unless you have bills or something...
>>
>>17178333
Take the job but start sending out resumes now. They're fucking you, but I assume you've got bills to pay so don't compound the problem by fucking yourself.
>>
>>17178397
Feels like they're fucking me. 3k a year is a lot, I've got rent to pay and it's pretty high. I mean I could make cutbacks but means no vodka/weed/coke/golf at weekends blah blah, you get the idea.
>>
>>17178408
Well at least you'd be making SOME money until you find a better opportunity. I'd rather make some temporary adjustments at [salary]-3000 instead of zero income with no way of knowing how far I'd get in debt before I landed a job at the same or higher salary.
>>
>>17178424
Point. It's just that feeling that you're being fucked over, makes you want to say 'screw you'. This is a time for logical thinking though. Some money is better than no money for the time being.
>>
Take the other job for now but start applying elsewhere. Don't throw away what you have until you have a solid replacement.
>>
>>17178448
You don't even have to change your lifestyle that much if you fee like you'll land something in a reasonable period of time. Put extraneous weekendshit on a credit card for a few months and pay it off when you land that new job. Just watch your cash flow to cover the essentials.
>>
>>17178501
>borrowing money for unnecessary luxury "weekendshit"

wew lad
>>
>>17178515
Depends on how important it is. If it's keeping him in "the club" networking with other industry people, it's not really a nonessential expense.

There have been plenty of times I've carried a balance for a short period of time for needs or wants because digging into your savings for that shit is more wew lad than a few bucks in interest. l2money
>>
>>17178333
You're losing $250 in pre-tax income per month. Make the cutbacks on the weekend and look for another job. If they didn't promise to find another position for you, spend as much time as possible finding new work. Better be prepared for a lay-off.
>>
>>17178522
>If it's keeping him in "the club" networking with other industry people, it's not really a nonessential expense

The job and pay also enabled me to have a lifestyle, I could work when I wanted wherever I wanted. This 'new role' is 9-5 Mon-Fri which means cutting back pretty heavily on the extraneous activities. I know if I take the new role it'll kill me inside a little more each day.
>>
You're going to have to roll with the punches. You had a sweet deal, and the harsh truth is you aren't going to have that for a while, and maybe never again.

You're going to have to find a way to be happy with what you've got.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.