[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 255x255
That feel when you have strong career interests, but won't ever be able to achieve them
>>
>>17177822
im sorry did you mean to put this on tumblr or twitter
>>
>>17177825

I don't have either of those.
>>
File: whooptydo.jpg (30 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
whooptydo.jpg
30 KB, 500x478
Well, I wasn't smart enough to be an astronaut. I REALLY wanted to be an astronaut.

Wah wah wah. Life sucks, OP. Wear a helmet.
And get another, more realistic career path started.
>>
Because of my mental diagnosis I will never be a federal agent like I always wanted to be.

Now my goal is to find a well paying job and provide for a family, have kids and make sure they have what they need to do what they want to do.
>>
>>17177862

I have a good paying job right now. just it's not want I want to do
>>
>>17177865

What agency?

OP here. I want a job with extensive travel. I'd love to be a airline pilot or a work for the State Department. But I'm not smart enough. I tried college, that shit was too hard. So now I make $60,000/yr doing security work. Yes, it pays well. But what's the point?

Unlike you, I do not ever want a family. so what do I have going for me if I can have a career I really want
>>
>>17177876

*can't have
>>
>>17177876
Since when do you have to be smart to be an airline pilot?
>>
>>17177909

What do you mean? Airline pilots are very smart. They go through a shit load of training. Plus they have to have a bachelors degree (which I can't get)
>>
>>17177876
Not the most glamorous job, but truck drivers travel a ton and Ive heard it pays well
>>
>>17177963

I should have specified international travel
>>
>>17177876
Wanted to be any. CIA, FBI, NSA, ATF. Dad's a police officer so I kinda wanted to "one-up" that as well as travel around the world/country.

You've just got to keep on trucking OP. I was shattered and only felt guilty and hollow for 5 years after the diagnosis. I wanted to give up numerous times, but family and friends wouldn't let me.

Life isn't perfect now, and it's still disappointing, but I'm happy :)
>>
>>17178154

I just have nothing to live for..
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.