[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>5 year relationships, both full time workers, perfect, no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (3 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 248x203
>5 year relationships, both full time workers, perfect, no fights, great time. maximum love
>she starts college last september to start a career
>College is 200 miles away, she lives there during the week and comes on weekends. I didn't move so I could keep my job to pay her school
>As soon as she starts school, the relationship just disintegrates..
>distance, stress, she bottles everything on the inside, wont communicate
>yesterday
>cuddling on the couch, having a good time, she seems a bit off, so i try to get her to talk, to tell me what she feels
>''Anon, I dont feel a connection anymore, i still love you, but i cant do this anymore, I feel like shit all the time and I feel resentment that you didn't move, its over''
>we talk a bit, i end up going to pack because cry
>come back up mid packing and sit in kitchen for rest of day, she drinks alot. silence.
>get pillows and sleep on couch while she goes to bed.
>Awake all night.
>Hear her get ready to leave for school this morning
>She comes into the living room, sits beside me on the couch, we hold hands. I say I dont want to leave, she says we have too. We hug for a solid 5minutes. she gets up and walks out the door.
>watch her drive away
>cry
>write this
>>
Sorry :( hope things look up for you soon
>>
>>17177449
What an absolutely ungrateful bitch
>>
You better stop paying her bills then. She should have picked someplace closer if she couldn't handle distance.
>>
>>17177455
I really hope so.
>>17177460
Yeah, I wont be paying the bills, but her dad will step in. We live in a small rural town, that was the closest school.

I mean, it wasn't all her. The distance and stress was affecting me too. I was paying all her shit and I was always broke because 2 rents, 2 meals, 2 of everything + all her school and books and shit. So I did kind of make her feel bad, I was saying shit like ''I cant afford stuff i want, but here i bought you another pair of shoes because you always want shoes''. Seems the more distant she got, the more I bought her stuff, and the worst it made her feel. And the sex life was null for the past months. I mean, we'd go at it once on the weekend, but there was nothing there, no connection, no love. it was like fucking a mattress.

Anyways, All i had to do was move when she moved. Even though it would have meant she would have probably have had to drop out of school because no money, at least we would probably still be together. And if only she didn't bottle up all this shit, and actually communicated, we could have worked things out, instead of letting it boil until she couldn't take it anymore.. But I get it, she didn't want to bring it up because she didn't want to create more stress..

What do you all think?

How fucked am I
>>
You really fucked up but now it's OK
Move on don't pay for her shit
Don't pay for anyone's shit like that except your own kids in the future
Gl hf
>>
>>17177449
>>17177477

Why the hell would you pay her school in the first place? She is an ungrateful bitch but you're at fault too for making her financially comfortable.
>>
>>17177477
She felt guilt that your quality of life dropped because of her moving and decided to end your suffering.
>>
>>17177517
Thats kind of what she said too..

>''Were both so unhappy, you'd be better off without me'' *looks at me crying* ''I did that to you, i make you feel that way all the time''
>>
From my experience getting someone to communicate their feelings when theyre feeling them is difficult. One of the things that is essential to making a long distance relationship (or any for that matter) work is communication, which both of you lacked until it was time to call it quits. You both just threw away 5 years because you guys couldn't talk about your feelings then work together to find a solution that worked for the both of you.

You both sound young. This relationship is salvageable if you both agree to work on communicating. Let her dad take over her school. Don't spend money on her willy-nilly if you're just going to resent her for accepting your gifts.
But that's if you both love each other enough to get over yourselves and stop acting like tweens.
>>
>>17177538
>You both sound young. This relationship is salvageable if you both agree to work on communicating.

this
don't lose hope if you really love each other OP
you guys fucked up, learn from this, and maybe in the future you can try again
>>
>>17177477
It seems that her school and your over-the-top buying stuff for her and paying things made her feel uncomfortable enough to call it quits. She truly cared for you didn't she? Bad person would have exploited you until the end of times.

But like the other anon said, it's not over yet if you and her truly want it. For now focus on yourself. Improve, get better, work, study. Whatever works! Don't text or call her. At least for now.

Of course it's pointless to try having her back if she has already found someone else.
>>
>>17177538
Good advice anon, thank you.

I did communicate my feelings though, perhaps too much. I told her how I felt, what bothered me and how I want to make it better, and so on.

I am just realising that me bringing up my blue feelings to her every weekend must have really brought her down. Fuck.. Oh, a month ago, when i was trying to get her to tell me her feelings, she said she hated to feel it, but she felt excited to go back to school, and then that got into her telling me that her school would now come first before me. That hurt.

Yes, we're in our mid 20's

>>17177549
>She truly cared for you didn't she? Bad person would have exploited you until the end of times.

;_;

>>17177549
No she hasn't found anyone else. I think she will just focus on school. I was her first boyfriend. I, and everyone we know, realize what we have is/was special. But I cant help but feel she doesn't realize it.

Right now, I am trying to move out before friday (when she comes back, even though she said she wasn't going to come back, but her brother is trying to get her to come back so he can talk to her and see how she feels about all this)

My problem is if I move, It'll be hard to move back in.. And if she changes her relationship status on facebook, itll create this huge shock effect, which in turn will make the already low chances, ever so slim. She is so stubborn with herself, when she says shes done, i truly believe it...
>>
You both have been with each other for 5 years. Give her a little time and space. she probably needs some alone time to find her self and also the relationship you guys built up.
I'm sure she'll come back around if you give her a little time think.
5 years is a long time, don't let those years go wasted for no reason.
>>
>>17177575
Yea youre both young alright.
Her putting school first should be a good thing OP. You should've felt happy about that. Would you rather have wanted her to half ass her school work and waste your money?

Communication also isn't a one sided thing where you talk and she listens. It has to come from both sides. She should be feeling comfortable enough to tell you things without you constantly asking. Your solutions to your problems also didn't help you guys because you kept feeling like shit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.