[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me After a vicious and violent fight with my mother and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: sb-panic-attacks-1.gif (6 KB, 251x378) Image search: [Google]
sb-panic-attacks-1.gif
6 KB, 251x378
Help me

After a vicious and violent fight with my mother and her boyfriend, i have been given one month to pack my stuff and move out.

I have been apologizing and begging for them to let me stay since then but they have refuse to reconcile. I have only one more week and I haven't begun to get my stuff in check.

I am thoroughly terrified and in full panic mode. I have been NEET since high-school, never worked a day in my life, and have absolutely no clue how the outside world works. I have nobody to fall back on.

Im about to become homeless. I dont know what to do nor do I know how to do anything.
>>
Welcome to your very own life!

Make sure you spend your time doing thorough research into how to make the best of it.
>>
You should've started looking for a job the first week. Do you at least have a car? You can live in that and use the public library for internet and bathroom for a while. If you have friends, maybe you can stay with them on occasion (don't overstay your welcome).

Try to get a job, then browse Craigslist or talk to your friends about renting a room.

Do you have credit established?
>>
>>17177286
>Do you at least have a car?
no

>Try to get a job
how do I do this? Please tell me, I dont know how this works

>Do you have credit established?
I think I do
I havent checked it in years so Im not sure of its current state.
>>
For godsakes help me

im going to become homeless
>>
>>17177254

Go to places were jobs are given, ask for a job asap, dont whine its a job.
>>
>>17177336
what about shelter??

how do I live alone?
>>
What I would do is take a shopping cart, some cardboard, and a bit of string, and make a nice cozy little sleeping hole for yourself. You can cover it garbage bags to add some insulation and make it water proof.

Nah, but you should spend this time looking for local resources. There should be a shelter of some sort in your area, either temporary, or an actual live-in group home. You'd have to call and talk to them for more specifics. It's pretty much mandatory at this point, since it's going to take you a bit of time to find a job.

Aside from that, it just comes down to managing your finances. Once you've got a bit of money, you could go rent a room someplace . You don't really want to come off as low-income though, so try to hide that or a lot of places won't rent out to you. Staying clean is very important.
>>
>>17177297
You get a job by going into places and asking if they're hiring. If they are, get an application, fill it out, and turn it right back in. If the application is online, go to the library and fill it out there.

Be sure to look as tidy as you can. It gives you a better chance at getting a job. You might have to ride the bus to get to your job.

I'm not sure what you can do about shelter if you don't have a car, other than asking a friend or family member if you can stay with them for a little while.
>>
>>17177350
>Nah, but you should spend this time looking for local resources
I can find these things online right? or on a phonebook or something?

>>17177350
>>17177351

I dont think ill find shelter in time. Is it viable that I can get a job and be homeless at the same time? Is there a way to recover if I end up on the streets?
>>
>>17177351
Pretty much this though. You'll need to lie about the address, and just change it later though.

Should be able to rent a small room in about 4 weeks. Nothing larger than you need, as small as cheap as possible so you're able to use more money towards food and clothing, and then start saving so you have a safety net.

Look at what it costs to rent in your area, and crunch some numbers as per what you'll be making, what you'll have to spend on food and other necessities. Kiss absolute ass with your employer to ensure that you're able to keep your job until you are able to sustain yourself for a while.
>>
>>17177254

Look out for a cheap 1 room home and a job.
Job first.

If it comes for the street for a while:
Sell all your stuff/ as much as possible.
You cannot take it with you on the road anyway.
Have a good knife + multitool.
Have a good sleeping bag, good durable clothes, durable and warm shoes, one extra warm cloak, plus a camping hammock or a tent (better the former, cause it is more versatile).
As well have a bit of aspirin, cleaning alcohol, bandages.
A good rucksack. A good carbit stove.

Don't be shy begging, if you have to.

If you aren't totally neckbeard-fedora-atheist tier, local churches might be willing to help you out for a while and prevent / put off the street.
>>
>>17177373
1st question:
You should be able to find them both online, and in the phone book. You may have an easier time with the phone book though.

2nd question:
Yes, it's possible to recover. I'd mentioned group homes, they're kind of semi-permanent dwellings. You live in a home with a few other people, and they'll give you jobs and chores to do to cover the expenses of living there. They typically have curfews and things like that.

It's not a cake walk, though. You're going to be around a lot of people from a lot of different walks of life. It's not going to be conflict free, and you're only really going to be able to trust yourself. Theft is rampant in homes like this, so I would say don't take anything you value with you.

Once you're able to find a job and build up your account a bit, you can try renting out a small room someplace locally. Singular rooms are pretty cheap, and it's all you'll really need for a bit. Once you're out of the home, you're going to want to manage your finances down to the cent. Absolutely NO fluff, every cent has it's purpose. Your first few paychecks are going straight to rent and food, and then you're going to get some cheap nice clothes for yourself, probably second hand, and build up your savings. Your savings are your safety net, and you're going to have more than one. There is long term savings, short term savings, emergency savings, education savings, retirement savings, and goal-oriented savings. Obviously emergency comes first. As a general rule of thumb, I think it's good to be able to live for at least 6 months off of your emergency savings. Exactly what that amount is will depend on how you calculate your expenses during your first few months.
>>
>>17177392
Seeing as you have absolutely nothing to fall back on except for yourself, I would say don't bother putting money away for anything more than your emergency savings until you hit that threshold. Once you hit that threshold, you should have a pretty good idea of your cost of living, and start putting money aside for education, long term savings, and retirement. It's at this point you can start giving yourself a little bit of room. Not too much, but a little bit.

If we're looking at a time frame, it'll probably take you about 2 years before you're completely self-sufficient.
>>
>>17177338
>what about a shelter??
Just FYI most shelters are full to capacity. This applies to just about every city in the world.
>>
>>17177374
>>17177389
>>17177392

This is invaluable advice, thank you, thank you, thank you so much.

I think i might be able to do this. I mean I didnt have any other choice but I have a vague understanding of what to expect and do.

Thank you.
>>
>>17177400

Good luck, Anon.
Stay strong, man.
>>
Homeless people usually get on the welfare pretty easily
>>
>>17177254
Everybody has the fly at some point. Don't worry the worst thing you can do is totally ruin it. Go live your life buddy, also that's pretty shitty to kick you out. Be successful and don't talk to those motherfuckers.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.