[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so in passing, my good friend told me an idea for an app that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1463932102815.jpg (18 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1463932102815.jpg
18 KB, 480x480
Ok so in passing, my good friend told me an idea for an app that I thought was decent a few days ago but after thinking about it I realize it could have potential. I really want to make this app, but I'm concerned that this could be betraying his trust. What should I do?
>>
>>17176761
Have you tried asking him what he thinks?
>>
Of course it is, you're screwing him out of potentially a high income. You're literally stealing his idea for your own gain. Of course, you could let him into the fold, or I guess deal with the lawsuit later
>>
>>17176764
Not yet, that's why im trying to get advice first..
>>17176766
Let me clarify a bit, he hasn't really written anything down it was just something he was thinking about. Also, I have been expanding on his original idea so I've brought new thoughts and material to it since he told me.
>>
Ideas are a dime a dozen, what matters is execution.

That being said, have you considered inviting him on as a co-founder? Does the idea require technical expertise? Does it require hardware development that's patentable? Does it require software development that can be licensed? What is the scope? Who is your target market?

TL;TR: would the (full) idea survive shark tank (tv show)?
>>
what about skill lvls

does your friend have any experience making apps? know anything about coding or graphic design?

is this just something he mentioned while you guys were having a beer?

also what is your experience in making apps?

if you are both on the same lvl or close to, then i think he would be rubbed the wrong way

if you are a programmer and hes like, idk, a doctor or a fisherman or a hogie or something, then mention to him you liked that idea and you are actually going to try develop it
DO NOT go to him for more input on the app or he will feel as you are just probing for more info on the gem of an idea, credit him down the line

lets me real its not going to be some multimillion dollr app because chances are you are some glasses wearing long hair hipster faggot who thinks you have just got the next big thing, you dont have the next big thing, but on hte off chance it blows up like fb or snappy or something, throw some stock his way. nothing extreme, but something
>>
>>17176761
If you're deliverately keeping him in the dark, while you look online for people to tell you it's OK not to tell him... You already know the answer, OP.

This Is douche tier behavior. Courtesy dictates you inform him of your plans and give him the option to get in on them
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.