[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what books to read to improve myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: fuckthis.jpg (44 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
fuckthis.jpg
44 KB, 500x282
what books would you recommend for someone who is trying to overcome anxiety, lacking motivation, and a very pessimistic view on life which I want to get rid of?
>>
>>17176644
First absorb The Art of War learn how to apply it to yourself and your life and how you wish to be and the battles you wish to win, then absorb the Tao te ching.
>>
File: 8.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg (773 KB, 1065x852) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
773 KB, 1065x852
>>17176652
The Way means Quality
>>
>>17176666
Quads of truth sir

Captcha: Select images of Tea
>>
>>17176644

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. There's an audiobook on YouTube I think if you're into that.
>>
>>17176652
would also recommend you to start with this book, its more like a explanation to the human nature and how we act in society (our rolls, following commands etc)
>>
>>17176644
Tropic of Cancer or any Henry Miller book. Realize that you have sooo much life ahead of you and DECIDING to have fun with life brings many happy tomorrows. Good luck lad. See you on the other side.
>>
>>17176759
>>17176744
>>17176723
>>17176652
Thanks guys, I'll go ahead and start reading/listening to those

I also was wondering if you also knew any books which dealt with frustration and patience, since I've been experiencing a lot of that recently too
>>
>>17176652

i consider this an essential read too. but I would not start with this if i was not in a right emotional state, i wouldn't be able to put it in an appropriate context
>>
>>17176844
Yeah, I'm in a really negative state right now, but I'll add it to my list for later
>>
>>17176852
Its worth noting i respectfully disagree with this anon >>17176844

I think the Art of War is exactly where you need to start based on what you said in your OP.

Check em all out and start where you feel you should imo
>>
>>17176723
It is shit. Better read Seneca.
>>
>>17176723
>>17176759
>>17177586
these guys know whattup
>>
>>17176644
Errotic sex stories,

You just need to get laid and life will get better so just jack off a bunch until you fuck someone. You can be a complete failure and still get pussy, I am autistic and while I haven't had much luck recently. I got laid tons in high school and college, mostly by teachers but shit if fucking a disabled student is hot for old women, I'll go with it. I don't consider myself abused, shit was kinky lol
>>
>>17177804
Christ, you sound like an utter moron.
>>
How to Win Friends and Influence People
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
>>
illiad
ride the tiger
the law
>>
The Name of the Wind
>>
File: display.jpg (17 KB, 261x372) Image search: [Google]
display.jpg
17 KB, 261x372
>>17177747
Stoic lyfe, dog.

I crack open Meditations whenever I'm stressed for a solid dose of reality.
>>
>>17176644
Your problem is that you're trying to fix these issues using a book. You really can't do that. It's all about experiencing stuff for yourself.

Bored? Find shit to do around your city... don't need to do it with other people... case in point I go to the movies alone, and paintballing alone, etc... and I have just as much fun as I do when I go with friends.
>>
File: 9780060577100_l.jpg (31 KB, 361x400) Image search: [Google]
9780060577100_l.jpg
31 KB, 361x400
All these recommendations suck. Read this or any other book based on cognitive behavioral therapy. Those are your best bet for self improvement
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.