[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make the transition from being a mainstream sports bar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 295x171
How do I make the transition from being a mainstream sports bar frat bro to an underground artsy hipster who wears flannel and goes to warehouse parties?
>>
>>17176244
Sorry, some of us don't do threads about suicide.
>>
listen to neutral milk hotel
>>
Shower no more than once a week using vegan approved products
Smoke weed if you don't already.
>>
>>17176244

What do you want to know specifically?

I mean the main thing is to realize all subcultures are the same. A lot of those "how to be x" videos have some merit. When I was in high school I'd watch those on how to be emo. Helped me fit in with that whole crowd.

It is about how you present yourself, the perception and portrayal of "self." look up bands and act how they act. Is there a specific facet of hipsterdom you wish to emulate?
>>
You can make the transition, my good man, by sitting in your closed garage while having your car running. Best of luck!
>>
Buy flannel

Go to warehouse parties

Watch and listen to the clientele

Act like them, buy into their ideas and consume the same products as they do

Hate yourself for being a poser

Smarten the fuck up and do whatever feels right
>>
Have you considered being a normal person that doesn't need to artificially convert to a group to belong?

Hipsters are mostly awful people anyways, I know that all too well. You're probably better off with your frat bro bros
>>
>>17176290
Nah man. The frat bro scene is too fucking repressed for me. I love the "weird" shit. Post-modern stuff. The shit you find on adult swim bumps. Group sexy and crazy visuals. The things normies call "edgy" or "artsy" and I'm not talking emo shit man I'm talking girls in black rolling face to industrial minimalist house music in an attic/warehouse somewhere. liberals into commie shit. Bohemian people. It all seems so liberating and relaxing to me.

If anything I've been a poser trying to fit in with fratstars who are only into "the game" and whatever's on pop radio.
>>
>>17176272
lol, reminds me of all of those 'how to be scene' wikihows I used to worship
>>
>>17176399
You already have the hipster attitude. Just go grab some flannel
>>
>>17176244
Why would you want to be either OP
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.