[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr covered in tattoos, need higher paying job As a young
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n77f7gm67i1rqnryfo1_1280.png (607 KB, 553x795) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n77f7gm67i1rqnryfo1_1280.png
607 KB, 553x795
tl;dr covered in tattoos, need higher paying job

As a young man in my late teens and early 20's I was heavily invested in tattoos and piercings. I worked at a shop, was in the apprenticeship program and was 100% that this was the profession I was going to spend the rest of my life in. It was good money and while I was there I was gifted a lot of free tattoos and now I'm essentially covered (arms, hands, neck).

They're all tasteful, no skulls or blood or edgy shit, but as I realized at the time, it disqualifies me from a lot of typical avenues of income. I know this, I accept this. I clean up nice and dress pretty well but I'll never have that clean cut business look. I know that. I accept that.

Although I still love working in tattoo/piercing shops I've recently come into a bit of debt and want to know some jobs I could get into/start training for that pay the same as officefags. I'm not afraid of hard work and am willing to suffer for the sake of just earning enough money to live while I pay off stupid fucking medical debt.

Yes, I know I'm an edgy fag covered in tattoos. Yes, I know I'm an idiot and I probably should of made different choices. I know all this, and I've beat myself up plenty about it so If we could skip that part and get to the advice that would be great.
>>
Go into sales at a motorcycle shop

Or a trade skill.
>>
>>17175486
Did you not think of that before you got the tats?

Or did you just YOLO the fuck out?
>>
>>17175486

Go into design, media, or tech.
>>
Sounds like you learned jack shit
>>
>>17175555

>Yes, I know I'm an idiot and I probably should of made different choices. I know all this, and I've beat myself up plenty about it so If we could skip that part and get to the advice that would be great.

Already answered that. Do you have any advice?
>>
Get a trade. It's a complete non issue.
>>
You could work in IT, or Comp Sci if you are willing to go back to college, most of the guys I work with are fucking covered
>>
>>17175593

>You could work in IT, or Comp Sci if you are willing to go back to college, most of the guys I work with are fucking covered

Thats great advice, thank you.
>>
>>17175593
This. Even with certifications you could get a decent IT job.
>>
Hey man. Depending on your state, pipelayers make 25-30 dollars an hour, the works hard but the hours aren't bad and you always have weekend. It's a good route if you're into making honest money.
>>
>>17175486
>They're all tasteful, no skulls or blood or edgy shit
so you flowers and owls instead. thats even gayer
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.