[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do with my life..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 348745.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
348745.jpg
443 KB, 1920x1080
I feel like I'm stranded on an island. I just finished 4 years at uni and I'm now sitting around home literally just applying to grad programs and finding internships and other jobs. Other than that, I just play video games most of the afternoon and watch TV and browse the Web. Are there any ways I can get ahead of the game besides lazing around all day? I feel like I'm just bored and finished with life already and I don't even have a girlfriend which makes the situation a bit more depressing. How can I remedy myself? I wanna do something interesting to make people more attracted to me and stuff and I just wanna be active a bit to avoid the struggle of not knowing what comes next on my checklist.
>>
Try getting a job or volunteering.
>>
>>17175197
Go for a run and get a nice sweat going. That'll give you some relief for a while.

Simple truth is that your feelings dont always tell you the truth. Does your objective mind tell you you're doing everything necessary? You may well be doing so.

So go for a run, it WILL give you some relief, promise.
>>
>>17175219

Yeah I'm trying my best to find something to do. Otherwise, I just hope I don't end up job hunting for the rest of the year.
>>
>>17175223

You have a point there. I'm trying to exercise regularly but some days I get too lazy or pressured by seeking a relationship with a woman. Some days it's difficult to escape this mindset because I have recently been told my childhood crush is moving out of state for grad school and won't return again because her family is leaving as well from our home state to find new business.
>>
>>17175219
What he said. I started volunteering because i couldn't find a job during my studies and was sick of playing games all the time. I met wonderful people, boosted my confidence and gained a lot of work experience. Even if it's unpaid atleast you're doing something on the side that you can talk about so you get a job. Also its good for your wellbeing. Hope this helps :)
>>
>>17175427

You're right, that sounds helpful. I'll look into some volunteering stuff then.
>>
>>17175197
Dear OP

You're a whiney fuck content to wallow. A girl will not solve your underlying apathy. A relationship will not solve it.

You need to start giving a fuck about yourself.

Start treating FINDING a job LIKE a job. You should be spending 6 to 8 hours a day researching, creating variations of your resume to fit differemt fields of work, creating a linkedin, monster, indeed account, checking city, county, and state job boards.

You want to make people attracted to you? You won't do it being little woe betide. Confidence, success, achievement is sexy.

Be a do-er and a maker. Just fucking move. Wallowing won't fix or change a damn thing
>>
>>17175197
Read. Keep up with what's happening in your field. It will keep you mentally alive and have the side effect of impressing an interviewer when you mention some recent book in the field.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.