[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting over trust issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 640x960
How do you change how hiu generally trust people?
>I've been royally fucked by a lot of people who I gave my everything.
>Now I have trust issues
>Im realizing that only after 3 years into my relationship that I can't trust my girlfriend because she has made ~20 white lies the whole time
>I really want to be able to trust her, but I've had 5-10 years of people fucking my trust
>I've been trying so hard to reverse this as my gf is trust worthy and my everything

How do you finally trust someone if you have problems with others in the past and trust issues in general? There are just a few things I remember in our relationship that really fucked over my trust for her, but they should be healed by now.
>>
>>17175101
Tell me if you ever figure it out

I never talk about feelings and i never opened up
After i did a girl cheated on me and destroyed that little part of trust i ever developed so yeah

Now people need to bring a siege host with a couple of battering rams
>>
>>17175101
>>17175157
same. the worst thing is, its hard for me to lie too. and the girl i was with before my girlfriend was the most innocent and cute thing ever. she was portrayed to everyone as this girl who had nothing wrong with her. lol, trust issues are ruining my relationship. (or are they? maybe its saving my relationship) along with me being a severe overthinker.
>>
>>17175157
>>17175157
I'm openly expressing that I don't trust her, and that im trying very hard to. But how does one open up after such a shit past with people.
>>
>>17175204
Dude same

She was the most sweet thing ever
She had issues and i was there and helped her get herself back together but she was a liar and yeah

But i got too used to it all, now i can't sleep for shit because im used to sleeping with someone there

No idea
Good luck
At least one of us has some hope yo keep it for all of us
>>
>>17175101
This is your own fault if you're not willing to learn from your mistakes, you allowed people to fuck you over by being niave and ignorant in protecting yourself. You can trust people to a certain degree but you obviously gave a lot of people more trust then you should've.

You have trust issues? Bullshit you're just stupid, learn from your mistakes, learn how much trust you should give and move on. If your girlfriend made 20 white lies over 3 years thats not much, if they were big lies it's different but a white lie is like saying "i didn't leave the milk out!"

Stop being an idiot and be realistic, thats how you trust someone.
>>
>>17175214
I don't know

I don't want to know, im not sure i could take another stab in the back
>>
>Boohoo some girl hurt my poor feewings now I can never love again

Absolutely sickening behavior on display here
>>
>>17175232
>>17175232
Probably will be end of thread and I kill my own stance with this, but I have deep rooted morales in trying your hardest to be the most generous person for even a stranger. I know it's stupid I know this is why I have my trust issues, but it's important to me to be a kind and giving person to anyone I can.
>>
>>17175294
>>17175294
You obviously aren't very knowledgable on the fact that people are not all the same and events can cause behavioral and cognitive changes in them that they can't control. Of course we have the ability to fight it but due to circumstances sometimes it's not possible. You lack the ability to answer a question without psychoanalyzing the person in a shallow manner.
>>
>>17175337
I'm kind of the same, and it's because Ai inherently want people to like me.

I see my Dad do the same thing and time and time again he keeps getti taken advantage of or lied to and deceived.

It's happened to me a few times here and there, and I've kind of monitored my behaviour so now I know it's going to happen and I can cut myself short of it, or try to change my behaviour.
But it hard.. Yeah.. Takes time.
>>
you don't.
you just stop caring about trust.
you become an open book for anything people ask you.
if you have nothing to hide trust is no longer necessary.
multiple people in my life know I am bipolar and have swings in which I feel suicidal.
previous I got anxious about my state and what if people would know.
now I just assume they know or will someday know and don't care about it.
works wonders
>>
>>17175101
I would love to know too, had shitty parents I could never rely on or trust
since then I really never had to trust anyone all that much, or maybe I told myself it doesn't matter

hammered the idea that I can only rely on myself into my head since I was a kid and now that I have a gf I actually like it's really hard trusting her

it's probably gonna be years until I can feel somewhat safe and I always have to hold back from reading her texts or installing spyware

I don't even think she is not trustworthy, I just feel really comfortable having concrete evidence
>>
>>17175380
>>17175380
Oh the trust issues aren't with me not being able to open up, I am an open book completely I have never lied in my relationship. I just don't trust my partner in not lying. I don't care about it too much, but it hurts her, that's why I care.
>>
>>17175346

I can empathize with the OP and everyone else whining about this cause I was in this very same situation.....when I was 15. This girl I loved dumped me and got a new bf quite literally the very next day and I got depressed and didnt eat for weeks and my mom comes to check on me and I went on a rant about how "I WEEL NEEVERR EVARR GET MARRIED" all cause some dumb girl from high school dumped me, it's been almost 10 years now and I realize just how stupid, ludicrous, childish and pathetic I was being, despite it happening too in my last relationship where I got cheated on, dumped, and she found a new bf the next week.

The point I am making is that it's not bad to feel sad, it's however stupid to say you can never love again just cause some girl toyed with your emotions.

It's like saying you will never eat food ever again cause you got food poisoning and had diarrhea the entire night, so now food is your enemy and you will need to have nutrients injected into you at all times. That's quite honestly how stupid and simple minded it sounds.
>>
>>17175441
I'm not saying that, I love this girl I will marry her. I'm not upset about her ever lying and I can deal with the lack of trust I have for her. But she feels very dissapointed that I cant. She's been called a liar all of life, but I can't help it. I'm avidly asking how to get better because I know I can, not because I'm depressed and feel helpless.
>>
>>17175226
mines was a liar too. and she acted as if nothing was wrong.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.