[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm always mad at my boyfriend ... I HATE feeling like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 750x1334
I'm always mad at my boyfriend ...

I HATE feeling like a bitch who just nags and stuff. that is not my personality at all or how I want to be perceived by anyone. I am a nice person and selfless, unlike other people my age I'm not really selfish and only care about my happiness/goals/whatever, I'd never stomp on other people to get what I want or use anyone. but being with my bf I feel like I nag, am mad a lot, and I guess could be called bitchy.

I hate being like this. Instead of nagging him wheneve I'm mad, ive tried to not say anything but then I can't stop myself from acting weird still like I'll be super quiet and stuff. so it's either be quiet or talk about it and get in a fight. I don't mind talking about stuff but when I talk about why I'm upset he turns it into figjht, when all I try to do is communicate with him.

I don't know if I just hold him to too high standards, and I'm let down a lot and that's why I'm mad? it's really putting a big space in between our relationship because over the past two or more weeks, whenever we see each other we either fight the whole time, fight on and off, or get in at least one fight.

I love him so much but I feel like he just does so much stupid things which results in me getting mad and us getting in fights.

should I try to care less, expect less of him? I really don't wanna break up with him. but I feel like he just tries less hard in our relationship, puts in little effort, and doesn't really make me feel special and loved anymore as much as he used to. I probably require more love/assurance than most people but that's just how I am, I wnana be in a relationship where I feel wanted, loved, and respected...
>>
If yoy made it very clear that what he's doing is an issue and he makes no attempt to curve his behavior you need to let his ass go. Don't lower your standards because he isn't willing to meet them.
>>
i act the exact same way he does in the relationship, i put in less effort and i don't make my s/o feel as "special" anymore. I don't know about him but i act like that because i kind of want to be single and not be in a relationship anymore but i love my girlfriend so i'll stay with her unless she breaksup with me. I do put in effort but it's not as much as i used to.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>17175169
I feel sorry for your girlfriend.
>>
>>17175169
that's fucked up just break it off. Honestly she deserves a man and you're keeping her from him. I realy hope that's not the case with my boyfriend and I'd rather be broken up with. ur an idiot.
>>
Doesn't sound like he is going to do anything to improve things. So, if nothing changes will you leave? You're nagging him as you call it, because you're frustrated and angry. Quite understandably. Why don't you want to break up with him? Because You love Him? You loving him is not enough. You need to feel loved in return. Maybe it's time to stop worrying about what he's doing or not doing. You can't change him or control him. You can only change and control yourself. So ask yourself: what can I do to make things in my life better? What can I do to make myself happier? Be honest, even if it's hard, even if it's painful.
>>
>>17175098
Woah, you sound a lot like the relationship with my girlfriend.

It's not that I think she is like that but she has told me personally these feelings you are expressing in this thread now.

Now, I hope I can get some good feedback from you, because seriously, I have tried fixing it, and things go sweet for a bit, but she starts nagging about everything and I get stressed. And we end up finishing with the same unconfortable air.

Sooo, first off. I am interested in why you nag him a lot, is it about personal things? is it about almost everything but you feel like nagging because of personal stuff?

I ask this because my girlfriend also nags me a lot, but she does it about almost everything, but that's because she is stressed with her personal life (in her house) and some back problems she was born with, which makes her back hurt most of the day.

It is normal nagging people you love because you have confidence with them, but sometimes, when you nag because you are stressed about something else and you start nagging about something more sillier, you can't really expect your boyfriend to understand what you are nagging about, because he doesn't have the same stress as you, and he can't picture the way you feel, and feels confused about how to react.

And the move your boyfriend is doing about putting a little less of effort is because he is mentally tired, maybe as you, but most of the time, if you boyfriend acts like that, it's because he feels he has put much effort in the past but still nothing seems to change.
>>
>>17175622
I have to note that nagging isn't really that stressfull, I actually find it cute, but it stresses me out because I can't find it silly, because she thinks I am not taking her seriously.

So it's more the stress of not knowing what to do.
>>
>>17175098

How long have you guys been in this relationship, and how invested and committed are you?

This is a fundamental breakdown of communication that is going to be hard to fix.

If this is a long term relationship, you might be able to work on it as long as you're both willing to dealing with it and make concessions.

But if this is a pretty young relationship and you barely know each other, then this is a fundamental mismatch of communication styles and you're better off just writing this relationship off.

That may sound harsh, but that's the reality of how things work.
>>
>>17175098
Try talking to him about it. Ask why is he constantly breaking the communication. Never throw away something which might be easily fixed. Maybe he's repressing something or is going through a tough time? If it doesn't improve for a longer period of time, it might be the time to call it quits. But if it's been a few tough weeks you can always work it out, if you both value yoir relationship.
>>
>>17175675
>repressing
Seeing the situation, that's a good keyword
>>
ana?
>>
>>17175098
You're just a bitch. I don't mean that in a mean way. I'm an asshole. You just have to own up to it.

re: your bf - don't put him through that shit - break up with him, figure out how to live with yourself, and try again with somebody new.
>>
>>17175535
I mean I don't know. I'm hoping that this blows over and whatever if he doesn't wanna be with him that he will break up with me. idk I guess I'll give it a little more time

>>17175622
idk I mean I guess I'm kinda stressed in my life because I don't have a lot going on and I wanna move out and blah blah blah But I don't thinkk I really take that out on him. mostly we fight about things that he does that's really annoying and sorta disrespectful, like letting me down a lot on things he says and stuff. lke I have reasons to nag at him like he just doesn't try enough and I feel like he doesn't make me a priority sometimes. my bf does get stressed from me nagging and he turns everything I say into a fight.

>>17175651
we've been together for a little more than a year.i thought we were reeally serious. my Bf has told me several times he sees himself marrying me. yeah idk I'm hoping it's just a weird phase and thugs will get better? I'm just gonna try to relax for a couple weeks and see if he starts being passionate about me again

>>17175675
good advice thanks

>>17175688
I'm really not a bitch and I don't like feeling like one at all I just feel like he sorta is bringing out this side of me and it's not who I am just in this weird situation
>>
>>17176156
>yeah idk I'm hoping it's just a weird phase and thugs will get better?

Nothing will ever fix itself if you don't bring it up--NOTHING in the world works like that the and only thing that can possibly happen if you do that is things get worse.(think about it, even when you're sick, your body is trying to fix itself, but only if you let it. If you try to ignore it and go drinking/partying/overworking/whatever as if you weren't, it will only get worse).

Talk to him and try, but don't just sit back on some hope that this will fix itself, because sooner or later, you WILL have to deal with this, and by that time, you may have given it space to rot away, eat at you, and grow in to something much much more toxic.

Talk to him. Communication is the corner stone of a healthy relationships.
>>
>>17176192
lol I do talk about it with him... the while thing I'm saying I the thread is that I feel like a bitch because I am constantly nagging him about how I feel.. I pretty much told him everything j need to so I'm giving it some time to change
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.