[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was considering adopting a child, but only after the the younger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I was considering adopting a child, but only after the the younger years where they demand so much time/attention/effort as I still want to have a life

But then the kid won't be as attached to you, right?

I'm wondering whether to get a younger child or maybe a preteen

Advice?
>>
>>17174806
FUCKING BLUE BOARD.

Fucking newfags. Enjoy the Ban.
>>
>>17174806
Adopting child is a ~1 year war with bureaucracy where you lose your privacy (unless you enjoy strangers poking at your home, sexuality, job, psychology and stupid questions like why would you adopt a child). Also it is harder (some countries impossible) if you are single.

It is waaaaay easier to get your own child by old natural ways :-D

>I still want to have a life
I am not sure if you see a difference between pet and little human being. Because being GOOD parent requires a lot of things to do.

>won't be as attached to you
This depends on AGE and personality of such kid. But if you manage to snatch a kindergarten kid, it can see you as it's parent pretty easily. All you have to do is to care.

Just try to remember yourself, what are your first memories and what do they depict. Anything before that is unimportant: aka the kid will not care.
>>
>>17174846
It's censored dumbass
>>
>>17174806
I can tell you this as a person who was adopted as a child.

If your only concern is the attachment part, you shouldn't worry that much. But what you do need to worry about is the environment you subject that adopted child to. Though you have the choice in picking any random kid at an adoption center, that kid doesn't. And many times the children you find in adoption centers may have either lost their parents, had their parents thrown in jail for whatever reason, or some other tragic event may have happened to them that makes a long stinging impression on them at a very young age. If you want to ensure that your adopted child feels attached to you, you need to always be there for him/her. You need to make sure the child is not raised in an abusive house, violent, and/or impoverished living conditions.
Don't adopt a child thinking you are doing him/her a favor- adopt a child because you are doing what is just as a human being. It's the right thing to do and for that reason the child should not feel as though he/she owes you anything.

Also, please make sure you adopt the child in a two parent home or at least have a grandmother or anyone who equally supports your reason to adopt. i cant stress how important it is to have two parents with the child- both parents must be fully committed to going through with it. Also, make sure to make it very clear to your child that he/she is adopted at a young age, not doing so can be very detrimental to the child socially and psychologically- the child needs to know where he/she fits in- that's important, trust me.
Though you want to make it clear that the child is adopted, you don't want to constantly make it so obvious either, you need the child to feel as though he/she is part of your family.

If you are not economically stable at the moment then please give it some more time and consideration. Wait until you get a stable job that can easily support you and your child.
>>
>>17175005
Thank you for the brilliant advice.
>>
Make your own
>>
I wouldn't worry abt attachment. If you don't want a younger child because of the demands on your time/attention/effort, you shouldn't become a parent at all. Regardless of their age, kids require your attention, time, resources, patience, empathy, and more that you don't even realize you have to give. It really doesn't get easier as they get older, it gets harder. Physically more is required when they're younger, but it gets more complicated emotionally and mentally throughout the years. I'm still plugged in and rolling through the ups and downs of my 21 year old. You never finish parenting.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.