[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stressed out at work/social obligations >the prospect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1405531390355.jpg (89 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
1405531390355.jpg
89 KB, 1024x682
>stressed out at work/social obligations
>the prospect of playing video games seems awesome
>promise myself I'm going to have a lot of fun
>think about doing creative stuff, writing and reading up on interesting subjects
>a billion ideas gush up awaiting follow-ups

>finally it's the weekend
>only want to engage in passive shit like wasting time on the internet all day

What's wrong with me?
>>
>>17174387

you are human. and you are comfortable. consider just getting up right now and doing one of those things. tell us what it is, then come check in when you have made substantial progress.
>>
>>17174387
OP mannnn if you didn't just describe my fucking weekend.

But what I've learned in therapy is that this is a sign of depression. You've gotta muster up the motivation to reach those goals you created during the week so you can feel good about accomplishing something. And keep going at it.

Once you become passive, it just eats at you.

I chose not to go to the gym this weekend and it just made me kinda shitty overall.

Get up, get out, go do.
>>
>>17174408

wanting to relax in off time is not a sign of depression.

4chan, especially boards like /adv/ give you really easy gratification. making it seem not worthwhile to do much else.

doesnt make you depressed, but if you use it too much you should obviously scale back.

not everything is going to be about depression
>>
>>17174387
Pretty sure this happens to everyone, well at least on 4chan, you just need to find a balance between the two.....
(I make it sound so easy)
>>
>>17174424
But but muh self diagnosed health problems.....
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.