[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in love with my best friend for several months. We have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 980x.jpg (137 KB, 880x1187) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
137 KB, 880x1187
I'm in love with my best friend for several months. We have that special bond, we can spend countless hours together and it never gets weird or boring.
The sad part for me is that she has a boyfriend, but she never talks about him. It's a long distance relationship and they rarely see each other.
She has already told me several times that she really liked me but what does it say? Is she trying to leave a backdoor open, just in case?
We text everyday and I have to think about her everyday.
Should I confess to her?
It could get weird because we see each other at university quite often.
But I don't really want to keep living like this. I tried to date somebody else but it just didn't work out, still had to think about her.

So should I try it and move on if it doesn't work or am I too selfish if she is already in a relationship? What are the chances she also has feelings for me?
>>
>>17174369
>some more details? it's a bit vague
>>
>>17174369
cuuuute
>>
Goddammit, OP are you me?

I have to tell you that I am in an absolutely identical situation except we both already graduated Uni.

I confessed my feelings for her and she said she loved me back, but she didn't know how to break up with her boyfriend without hurting him and she's scared of us breaking up and not being friends.

If you can surmount those obstacles, you're doing better than me.

Cute pic, by the way.
>>
>Should I confess to her?
Yes. But you need to be prepared for the consequences.

If she says yes, you are good
If she says no, you two will never have the same relationship you had before.

No also means that you need stop talking to her and move on.

Seriously, if she can't open her eyes and see you for who you are, then you don't need her. Find someone that appreciates you, not someone who uses you.
>>
>>17175246
Well. I love her but shes in a relationship.
We can get more than friends, keep it like that or cut it all down. I dont know what to do.

>>17175265
Sounds like she doesnt give a fuck about herself. Little bit weird

>>17175300
You might be right, but im also afraid to lose that friendship because ive never had something like that before
>>
>>17175627
Dude, I feel you. All I can do is give you the advice I'm sure you already know, but can't bring yourself to actually take. You gotta tell her. I know full well that the possibility that things will get awkward is there, but dude, you gotta give it a shot.

I wish I could speak up, but in my case, she's part of a group of like nine very close friends of mine. I can't bring myself to do it for fear of making it weird for everyone and just fucking up the feel of the group. I know I'm just making excuses for myself, but if I was in your situation, I'd do it. The risk of making that relationship weird is very real, but if that's the only thing it'll make weird, I think it's worth it. I know that's easy for me to say, because I've heard it, too, but for real, though. Just do it.
>>
>>17175661
Thanks for your advice.

What about you? How can you be into one if theres scuh a "large group"?
>>
>>17175668
I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe I explained it badly. She's a very close friend of mine. Both of us are part of a group of about nine really close friends who've been friends for like a decade. So if we were to date and break up, things would probably get weird in the group because of that. On the other hand, she could just say no and make it weird just for us and maybe just slightly weird in the general group of friends.
>>
>>17174369
She barely mentions him because she's attracted to you. She isn't happy with him, so she isn't gushing about him, and/or since she likes you, she doesn't want to kill any mood by bringing him up. I've been in a similar situation, and I realized that she may be emotionally cheating, but she's reluctant to *actually* cheat.

The game completely changes when you confess, which you should. It'll be messy. She'll either break up with her bf for you, or decide you guys should cut contact. If it's the former, it'll be tough as she struggles to get closure while getting closer to you. If the latter, it will suck for both of you, but after enough time you two can resume your friendship without any romantic feelings.

Main point: she doesn't seem to be very happy with her bf, or she is way more attracted to you. Screw the other guy. Waiting gets you nothing. Do it OP
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.