[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What schools should I apply to??? In junior year RN 2.8 GPA with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ohio-lg.png (10 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
ohio-lg.png
10 KB, 120x120
What schools should I apply to???
In junior year RN
2.8 GPA with a steady upward trend
24 ACT (ive been taking practice tests and I've been getting 26-27) on them and I'm taking the official test again in June
No Extra Curriculars or APs
I'm thinking of this place or auburn because they have decent acceptance rates but I'm I aiming too high?
>>
Just apply to state schools and you'll be fine
>>
>>17174136
You sound like a very subpar student. You should not be considering out of state schools. They're vastly more expensive than in-state schools, and considering your track record of uninvolvement with your studies and outside activities, an expensive school is not worth the money. You need to find an in-state public school. Expensive schools are for kids who want to achieve, and make the cost worth it.
>>
>>17174195
I wanna go out of state for social reasons,
That being said i am looking at Rutgers as an in state option but I don't think I can get in due to my transcript
>>
>>17174306
You wanna unnecessarily go into massive debt that will take decades to pay off...for social reasons? I know it's hard for someone as mentally challeneged as yourself but TRY to think of the long term consequences of your stupid decisions.
>>
Seriously with your transcript you should take what you can get. If you do well your first semester/year, then you can easily transfer to a better school
>>
>>17174314
I'm assuming I can get financial aid, and OU's tuition isn't horrible and I do have parents who can help out with the financial aspect of it
>>
>>17174331
Well Im trying to figure out what I can get before I start applying to schools so I don't waste money
>>
>>17174344
Are your parents willing to pay for a lot? How much do your parents make a year? If they make a decent amount then you'll probably get nothing in financial aid
>>
>>17174363
Together they make around 70,000 a year
If its too expensive I'm just gonna go to community college and transfer somewhere but I'm trying to get a good idea before I waste time/money on applications
>>
>>17174136
Same as OP but with 3.3 GPA, I'm good, r-right guys?
>>
>>17174406
Probably, 3.3 is leagues better than me
>>
>>17174335
>2.8 gpa
You aren't getting aid out of state. You have "rich" parents and you're a slightly below average student.
>>
>>17174136
I'm the same as OP and from NJ too
I'm planning to actually apply myself in school tho so what schools should I apply too?I'm looking at OU and Auburn too and I've heard of kids with 2.8s getting into Penn State, I'm also looking at Rutgers (new Brunswick campus) since it's far from my hometown.
The requirements for schools I want are
>Not in North Jersey or NYC area
>Big school at least 20,000 students
>A degree that won't be useless
>Decent city
>If not a decent city a decent party scene
>Tuition around 25k a year
Am I shit out of luck on finding a dream school that I won't have to transfer to??
>>
>>17174136
With your grades your going to a in state. State school.

My bet is your going to Felician
>>
>>17174406
3.2 is the goal . below that and your in trouble.

2.8 with no extras no sob story no nothing.... Go instate for 2 years then transfer
>>
OP here, I guess no out of state for me
Can I make it into Rutgers? If not I'll go to CC field 2 years and then transfer
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.