[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to be an interesting person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: sail.jpg (105 KB, 851x564) Image search: [Google]
sail.jpg
105 KB, 851x564
How can you be "that" guy, that attracts almost anyone and everyone wants to know? What kind of hobbies/mindset to have? I just want to be the cool guy that everyone wants to hang around with and take pictures, go to events etc...
>>
File: piq_124562_400x400.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
piq_124562_400x400.png
8 KB, 400x400
Be the kindest person you know. Cultivate empathy and understand others more.

After that, learn as much as possible, and have a future outlook for your life.

Then when you at the party, you will be the person everyone wants to talk to because 1. You are a literal saint and 2. You have vast stores of knowledge to have interesting conversations about.
>>
>>17173999
Trips speak the truth? But I don't want to be seen as the Nice Guy everyone hates that, especially women. Also, I don't travel because I consider it a waste of money so that's a huge subject I can't connect with the majority of people
>>
>How to be an interesting person?
Be interesting.

Protip: that you are asking this question and desperate to be that archetype means that you won't. Ever. Give it up. You aren't that person.
>>
>>17174023
>Also, I don't travel because I consider it a waste of money
You will never be "that" guy.
>>
>>17174048
This. If you are so autistic that you think travel is a waste of money then you should just give up now.
>>
>>17174023
>travel is a waste of money

Being interesting is ergo a waste of money too. Enjoy being boring.
>>
>>17174023
You will only be seen as the nice guy when you let others stomp over your boundaries. As long as you truly respect yourself and require others to respect you too, you can be just as kind and empathetic as you want without becoming the "nice guy".
>>
>>17174048
>>17174051
>>17174089
Whoa what the fuck, is travelling that fun? Not trolling or anything, just want to know what makes travelling so fun? I mean, I travelled a lot with my parents between age 12 to 18 like in Romania, Germany, Florida and New York but never found the appeal of it...is it because I was still too young or with my parents?
>>
>>17174101
You experience and do things you've never done before. You come out of it with new stories and opinions and join de vivre. It makes you outgoing and eextroverted. These are the qualities that make people interesting. And they are experiences native only to you, a feeling that brings you closer with the world around you and makes you feel alive. What story is going to make you look more interesting, buddy's story of how he drank 15 beer and made out with a slut on Friday, or how you swam with elephants in thailand and sailed from naxos to Sicily and saw the ruins of the Ancient world?
>>
>>17174109
You know it doesn't all have to be travelling

He can go learn anything and it will make for an interesting topic, example

He can go learn guitar and then take that guitar and play on the street for a day to see what It's like, find a group of people and play tunes he and them like for fun, go to a local event and play with or for people.

He can go to an event and sing with a bunch of people, learn some tunes that he really likes and talk about them then demonstrate to people around him

He can go learn acting and be in a play

All those things makes you have interesting stories as well as meet interesting people and they make you truly feel like that guy, and then when you go to parties and you meet normal people, you are so full of experiences stories and knowledge that impressing the people in this party wouldn't be that important to you, but if it comes to having conversation with people you'll have plenty to talk about and suddenly, the tables have turned and they find YOU interesting.

So it sounds cliche but literally, go out and learn new things, yes it costs money most of the time, but this is the world we live in, currency is what drives us forward, but once you acquire the skills you'll have, no one can take that from you.
>>
>>17174101
>Whoa what the fuck, is travelling that fun? Not trolling or anything, just want to know what makes travelling so fun?
You're not even asking the right questions. It's not about maximizing fun. If you want that, go ride a roller coaster. It's about life enrichment. It's about stepping beyond your comfort zone and going off on an adventure. Travel is a way, but certainly not the only one.
>>
>>17174137
Then what are the other ways?
>>
>>17174163
This is why you will never be "that" guy.
>>
>>17174101
Nothing is fun with parents
>>
>>17174163
Start off with something easy like cooking a dish that you've never tried before.
>>
>>17174118
I completely agree, I only think travel is the spice that most accentuates the dish. Moreso, travel is a path that leads to the realization that indeed all things in life are equally a journey of understanding.

>>17174163
Anything a man can do.
>>
>>17174168
Lol I can if I want. Just need inspiration
>>
>>17174348
Except, "that" guy doesn't need inspiration; "that" guy inspires others.
>>
its a silly goal to have.

the people who are like this dont think like this. what you are asking for is how to attain 'status'.
>>
>>17174359
Exactly
>>
>>17174359

this. i have a friend who is the embodiment of what you are describing OP.

he does it by being 1) attractive and 2) a genuinely nice and social guy.

hobby wise he doesn't have anything special. he wants to be an actor (And is terrible at it). he obsesses over shitty DC movies. and he can be a bit ridiculous if you get to know him.

but hes genuinely a nice guy and of course has a very pretty face. if someone doesn't approach him, he approaches them, and tries to make everyone a friend.
>>
>>17173987
Ironic that OP's picture of what he thinks represents being "interesting" is someone traveling, when in fact he fails to see the value of traveling
>>
>>17174096
This.

Being a nice guy doesn't mean being the doormat. Being the nice guy is being accepting of everything that gets thrown your way, but not letting it step on you or yours. A nice guy is the unsung Alpha, the guy who doesn't take shit from others, but also doesn't go and create shit for others.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.