[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it ok to cheat and steal to get results? I'm a business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 76358.jpg (35 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
76358.jpg
35 KB, 615x345
Is it ok to cheat and steal to get results?

I'm a business major and many of my classes very much allude to the ends justifying the means. There's also talk of taking advantage to better your business. The other day we discussed ways we can utilize a failing supplier and/or a failing competitor. It's not necessarily evil or anything, but it does seem very compatible.
>>
I want to mention this is an accredited state college. I also could ask /biz/ but I already know what the answer would be.
>>
>>17173819
Define "OK". Whether or not it's ethically permissible depends on your ethics. If you're in business, you should mainly care about what is legal though.
>>
>>17173827
A couple terms ago I had an ethics in business course that only talked about legality, so I get what you're saying.

OK in the sense that it's legal. No comment on it being morally ethical.
>>
Are you cacting with in the letter of the law?
Better be a yes.

Are you playing advantages, to get a better position? ( nothing wrong with that)
Now.... I will say this. If word gets around that you are an unethical fuck. People will be hesitant to do business with you.

The supper shady shit should not be your goto card.
>>
Do it but discreetly. Don't make a big splash, get by in the shadows.
>>
>>17173819
As an Accounting major with a semester left...

It is incredibly easy to take advantage of a situation, cook the books, and engage in all sorts of shenanigans for short-term gains.

That said, it isn't worth the long-term damage to your reputation, and everyone is eventually caught.

>>17173837
This, in regards to a somewhat gray area.
>>
You're literally getting a degree in how to get the most out of people while giving them as little as you possibly can. I would call that cheating and stealing. I don't think it's okay.

But I also get that you tacitly participate in the expropriation of labor or die, so I guess I can't complain about you less-than-tacitly types if I'm going to participate.
>>
>>17173819
Welcome to the scumbag world of business. This is the future you went into student debt to join.
>>
>>17173819
That's what business is, exploiting others for your own benefit.
>>
That's subhuman behaviour, OP.
>>
>>17174157
I'm paying as I go and living at home. I have no debt.

>>17174181
>>17174157
I suppose so. I'm just surprise
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.