[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sick days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>have son who's 5
>he vomited all over the place this night
>as soon as i could in the morning, i started to contact people who could possibly take care of him because i have to go to work and he can't go to kindergarden like that
>everyone already has appointments or is away
>text boss asap to let him know i'm working on it and might not be able to make it
>report back after 20 mins that the remaining people can't make it either and that i have to stay home for the day but have a solution for tomorrow
>he texts me later that "this situation is extremely unsatisfying for our company"

i'm so bummed. I get that it's not neat. I tried my best to find a solution. Am i in the wrong to feel like this guilttripping was very unasked for?
How do i handle this? Ignore or bring it up?
>>
You are never going to be wrong for staying home to take care of your five year old son. But I don't think you should say anything to your boss unless they become more ridiculous about it.
>>
>>17173476
It has already happened that they called me to make sure i'm not "going on vacation and say i have to take care of him", when i couldn't attend a meeting. I feel really unapprecciated and put on the spot right now. I'm seriously considering to quit, cause it WILL happen again in the future that i have to look after him and i don't need them to question my intentions like that. It seems very rude
>>
>>17173471
what a cunt of a boss. and that passive-aggressive wording. i just want to kick that faggot in the teeth.
>>
>>17173509
I'm so relieved i'm not the only one seeing it that way. It has been going trough my mind all morning. Now i just need to figure out what to do next. I don't want him to think it's ok to treat me like that.
>>
>>17173485
My boss is the same way, I know the feel. You do what's important to you and if you have the oppritunity for another job or enough money quit. I don't have that option and I wish I did.
>>
>>17173518
of course it's not fucking ok, but what can you do? maybe try to have a face to face discussion about this incident?
>>
>>17173518
Talking to your boss about respect is something that should be done, it's just not human to treat someone as he treats you. However he holds power and is abusing it, this can be dangerous to talk about even in a light manner with him. So if you have the support financially do it for you.
>>
>>17173520
>>17173528
well, there's another thing playing into this. my husband offered me to stay at home cause he can tell that this situation with my boss is upsetting to me and also, it would be a relieve for our family. but i'm still not sure if i can just do that, live off his money like that...
>>
>>17173543
If your husband wants you to and its best for you don't let your guilt get in the way. I've been there/still there with my wife. Just show your appreciation and do what's best for you if he is willing and wants to because he loves you. Don't feel like you owe him anything, your smile, the load off your shoulders is his payback.
>>
I have the opposite problem, OP.

>Health took a horrible turn this year (crippling depression led to frequent nausea, migraines, mild vertigo, and other shitty things all around)
>Got better, but still have to go home early during instances where my health worsens
>My co-workers and boss tell me it's okay
>Still feel like shit for leaving early while everyone's still working.

God help me. I feel like such a scumbag every time I leave early, even though it was only recently where shit got worse. I've tried to tough it out and stay because we're often understaffed, but whenever I'm sick I end up going.

>>17173543
Honestly OP, just saying, it might be much more relieving for your family as a whole if you were to stay home and take care of your child until he's at an age where he can manage himself. Not having the stress of working would do wonders for you, though you'd likely have to be mindful of budgeting and whatnot if you're going to work with only your husband's salary.
>>
OP if you can afford to quit/to lose this job and get another one then stand your ground. don't deal with this nonsense if you don't have to
>>
>>17173560
>>17173564
>>17173567
thanks, anons! that was really reasuring. he made me promise him that i REALLY think about it and said he would love me to be a SAHM. especially since we plan to have a baby again, soon.
i think i might have to go that road. i'm going to give my boss some honest talk before i leave.
>>
>>17173509
This. He's basically saying "You have a good enough excuse that I won't tell you that you have to come to work, but I will try to make you feel like a piece of shit about it"
>>
>>17173564
Get periodic FLMA paperwork submitted.
>>17173543
If the amount your bringing in is offset by the cost of childcare. Stop working, if you can live off the income of your husband.

Else. Find a company that will let you work from home on days like this, or has better flex time and time off rules.

Take your child to dr and get note.
>>
>>17173471
Never forget that the entire point of sick leave is unexpected inconvenient time away from work. If you could schedule sickness you wouldn't need sick leave. Never feel bad for picking your sick family over work. If you want you can always work late later this week as an attempt to make up some of the time.
>>
>>17173471
Boss is a cunt. You have a kid. His wellbeing takes precedence over your job. Don't feel shit about what you did.

That being said, does this happen often? Consider taking a job somewhere else that is more tolerant of your situation.
>>
>>17173543
I have never regretted quitting outside work to stay home with my daughter. You can always go back to work, but you only get to watch them grow up once. She and I are still as thick as thieves and she's 21 now. No regrets. Follow your heart.
>>
i stay home to take care of my wife's son all the time. find a strong man like me to raise your boy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.