[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tips to stop smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
i really need to stop smoking before something happens. luckily, i haven't experienced any serious health effects yet, but obviously, one day I will.

do you have any tips besides eating healthy, exercising, and drinking water?

i'm not going to get nicotine gum/patches. i'm also not going to start vaping.

i've smoked between 3-10 cigs per day, with the average being 4-5, and the high if I get REALLY drunk, for 2-3 years, but mostly in the past year. I've tried to keep my smoking lately closest to the smaller numbers, but I've also been fucking up some days. Is quitting cold turkey worth it? Last time I tried, I had cold sweats and couldn't sleep.

thanks
>>
Just do it you pussy.

Smoked 2 packs a day for 11 years, have been completely clean now for 5 months.
>>
>>17173359
How long did you feel like shit
>>
>>17173384
Almost a month, but again, you're barely a smoker anyway.
>>
>>17173398
Yeah I just need to bite the bullet and stop being a pussy. Did you replace it with anything (fucking celery sticks or some bullshit i dunno)?
>>
>>17173405
Nope.

I did start drinking more coffee and tea though, so maybe I subconsciously did.
>>
>>17173408
Ok dude you're giving me hope so thank you for replying and calling me a pussy

I am being one. Thanks.
>>
>>17173419
We're all gonna make it brah
>>
What do you do when you go out and all your friends are smoking an you're drunk?
>>
>>17173405
You're only smoking because you're bored. Replace it with hobbies and start playing with your smartphone instead of smoking when you're on small breaks.
>>
Stop buying that shit
>>
>>17173349
You're not that addicted yet. Some smokers smoke 30-40 cigarettes a day, obviously you manage to control the urge for nicotine.

just stop.
>>
thank you everybody. it's a simple answer to the question, and i already knew it, but just needed some randos to help put my ass into gear

have a wonderful day
>>
switch to american spirits, they're additive free, and by all accounts it's the nasty additives in other brands that cause most addiction.

go ahead, skeptics, disbelieve me, but i live with a smoker of 40 years and if she tries to exclusively smoke american spirits she can't because she's addicted to her own brand, which is full of shit.

it's barely the tobacco/nicotine you're addicted to, it's the additives + habit and oral obsession.

if it was just nicotine, smokers would be fine with nicotine gum, but none of them are.

so, switch to american spirits, suffer thru the withdrawal from the cat piss and whatnot in your usual brand, and just gradually cut down until you're at 0.

besides, in great moderation tobacco can have health benefits.
>>
>>17174443
> in great moderation tobacco can have health benefits

citation needed
>>
File: download (5).jpg (17 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
17 KB, 303x166
I attend one of the top 40 schools in the world and studying a science degree, but I'm thinking of transferring intonation trade program at a local trade school. Is that a stupid idea? I heard trade is easy to get a qualification and they earn a lot.
>>
>>17173349
Get help from professionals? Like therapy could work. Yoga. All that zen crap
>>
>>17173448
too accurate. I finally realized that I was only smoking in general because I was bored. Nothing to do.
I remember everyone telling me this - that I was "going to have a child and die before my child becomes adolescent, etc etc.". That I had nothing to do. I used to get so irritated when i heard this but 2 years later and I finally realize what it means.
>>
>>17174482
i'd really love a cite for that statement
>>
>>17174443
i do smoke am spirits already
>>
look up Joel Spitzer on youtube

Better advice you're not gonna get.
>>
>>17173349
If you say "I'lll quit tomorrow" or "one more cig" or "I'll only smoke socially" then you are preparing to fail.
If you want to use patches/e cigs/gum you will fail
If you identify as an ex smoker or "quitting" you will fail.

How to quit:
Don't spend time around smokers
Bin your cigarettes and don't take substitutes
Identify as a non smoker
Don't run back to cigarettes at the first sign of stress, you think that you need a cigarette, you don't, they don't fix stress, what you are feeling in that respect is your addictions
>>
>>17174523
Lol I won /adv ;)
now good luck getting rid of your habit :)
Time to pick up candy crush.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.