[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ENTRY LEVEL ASSISTANT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ni.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ni.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
How in the FUCK can I land an administrative/office assistant job? Can you lend my pointers/your experiences?

I've ONLY had retail experience, which is why I think a lot of employers are looking over me. I'm looking for a job that will get me out of my parent's house.

I'm 21 and I'm desperately seeking to get a job that will send me into my first taste of independence.
>>
>>17173114

Take your resume, and in your retail expereince, add anything you've done in which you can apply to admin assisting/office.

Then just apply to them, call em up, and lie a little (believable lie that you can back up) and keep doing it until you get an interview.
>>
can you temp?
>>
>>17173197
I'm literally willing to do anything so I have a better looking resume. My ultimate goal is to get a CalState job.
>>
>>17173217
find a temp agency, say that you're specifically interested in admin work. it'll pay like shit, but it's not forever. sometimes you can transfer from temp work to full time if they like you at the place the agency pimps you out to, worst case you get some experience and references you can put on a resume
>>
>>17173259
Is that something I can manage with a part time job? My parent is still making me pay rent.
>>
>>17173114
The job title you give is what most people would call secretary. To even be considered, you need basic secretarial skills - typing, etc, along with mastery of the common office programs - Word, Excel, etc. You may have to start at the sub-entry level - data entry, office boy - and work your way up to assistant.
>>
Apply on the state website
How fast can you type? Better be at least. 45 wpm @ 98%.

Better know excel , word, outlook, powerpoint, well.

Honestly.... Goto comunity college for medical transcription/coding.

It will land you a good office job in any dr office or hospital
>>
>>17173861
I'm at 60 WPM with 1 error. I'm MO literate. I just have no previous experience. It kind of bothers me that I'll probably have to go out of my way just to get this job while I go to school, but it's currently the only one I can think of that will allow me to be fully independent.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.