[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Utah a bad idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Madness.jpg (81 KB, 1024x474) Image search: [Google]
Madness.jpg
81 KB, 1024x474
I'm thinking of moving to Utah to find a Mormon qt to marry. I think the Mormons are actually pretty based in general. I need somebody to be the voice of reason and list some pros and cons for going from agnostic to Mormon, and adopting that lifestyle. Oh, almost forgot to mention: training to be a plumber or electrician, or something to that effect. Is the construction job market good there?
>>
Not op but I saw a Mormon choir over Christmas and was inspired by it.
>>
Ok firstly one of my good friends is a mormon, they accept me into their house and really don't care at all what religion I am so long as I'm nice to them. I'd say just moving to utah is good enough to get a mormon qt I'm sure construction is good there as it is a growing tourist state.
>>
>>17173110
OP here.
I thought Mormons made you convert?
I'd be open to the idea, the only reason I'm agnostic is because I believe in a higher power, but I don't agree with any of the religions I know enough about to form an educated opinion.
>>
>>17173094
>I thought Mormons made you convert?
Not the guy you're replying to, but like Jehovah Witnesses, they feel it's their duty to spread the word and stuff. They don't force anyone to do anything against their will.
>>
>>17173134
Okay, I'm with you so far. I probably should have made my question more clear. I meant to say something to the effect of
>Do I need to become Mormon to marry a Mormon woman?
>>
>>17173139
Only if you want to marry a practicing Mormon woman. I assume you are after a Mormon girl because you want a cute virgin over the age of 16 to marry (which isn't necessarily a guarantee with Mormon or evangelical girls, either). Marriage and family is super important to Mormons. You might get married outside the temple (which only Mormons with a recommend can even enter) but she's definitely going to probably want to also be sealed with you and you will definitely have to convert for that. Plus, what good Mormon girl is going to marry some scrub who hasn't even gone on mission? Have fun with that.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.