[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /adv/, I've been getting red cheeks lately after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: piano.jpg (3 MB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
piano.jpg
3 MB, 4928x3264
Hello /adv/,

I've been getting red cheeks lately after I get out of the shower, sometimes for a quite a while after. Having a cooler shower seems to somewhat help, but in the mornings sometimes this is an unsatisfactory process.

Should I start moisturizing? I've never done it before. I'm 22 years old and male and from Australia, does anyone want to give me the low down on moisturizing? How will it help? What brand should I buy? How often? What do I moisturizer? etc.

Much appreciated.

(Pic unrelated, anyone know any good piano only music? I'm quite into Phillip Glass' Metamorphosis)
>>
Sounds like possible rosacea but I am NOT a doctor. Go to dermatologist and get it checked. In the mean time use a moisturizer in the morning and at night. It should help with blotchiness.
>>
I like Ludovico Einaudi

Anyways does the redness persist throughout the day or just after you get out of the shower?
>>
Also does your skin feel dry/tight? Do you wash your face with any kind of soap, and how often do you shower?
>>
>>17173108
It generally lasts I'd say 10 minutes to 2 hours after the shower. It's hard to say whether this is the same issue but I get quite red and blotchy after sex, whereas after running / lifting I don't get red at all.

>>17173109
Somewhat dry, I guess. I very rarely wash my face with soap, as supposedly it dries it out. I don't know all that much about skin care, I'll often rinse my face with water and occasionally scrub it with a towel.

I shower on average 10 times a week.

Thank you for the response.
>>
>>17173130
It does sound kind of like Rosacea, as another anon said. It can randomly appear in early adulthood, so you might be seeing the onset now. It sounds pretty mild to me, but if you're concerned you should see a dermatologist.

I don't think moisturizer can cure this issue, but if your skin feels hot you can try a facial cooling cream.
>>
>>17173101
>>17173145
Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to stop being lazy and organise an appointment.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.