[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a personality? I don't want a persona, I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: All_You_Can_Eat.jpg (120 KB, 1927x1139) Image search: [Google]
All_You_Can_Eat.jpg
120 KB, 1927x1139
How do I get a personality?

I don't want a persona, I want to have my own style, something that defines me.

Something that belongs to me and isn't a persona created for socializing with people around me.
>>
>>17172057

>implying that your personality isn't shaped by the people you socialize with
>>
>>17172057

inside influences out. outside influences in.

whats important is to distinguish between what you like and are comfortable with. versus what you like other people reacting to.

a lot of people appreciate the goth look. most of the people who do it simply want to be asked about why they look that way a lot.

simply think about what you ant to like and then do it, or achieve it, or whatever verb you need for whatever it is.

the big issue here is you are saying
>i dont want a persona
>i want something that defines me

a persona is that. you are trying to force a change instead of being who you already are.

you are already you. you already define you.
>>
>>17172079
Well the reason why I'm asking is that I don't know what I want. My girlfriend dumped me because of my "bitter apathy and forced emotions".

And I don't really feel comfortable with who I am. To be honest I do things that are expected of me and I feel no drive of my own.
>>
>>17172131

then go explore yourself. think about what you wanna do

>BUT I DONT KNOW

then google 'hobbies' and 'things to do' or go to meetup.com. or look around and go to all the local events. keep going to the ones you like, stop with the ones you dont.

there isnt a step by step guide to explore yourself. it is not a science. its literally just what you like or dislike and how you act.
>>
You should just do what comes naturally to you. I pretty much have no filter and say whatever comes to mind. As awkward as that can be it has become what people define me as "Oh Anon just doesn't give a fuck". I understand if you have anxiety or something similar (I did and still do in certain situations) but just doing what feels natural is key to being part of a social circle and not creating a persona in the process.
>>
>>17172057
You're what you bought.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.