[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm at a loss right now. I just graduated, so I'm living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1265261034772.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1265261034772.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
I'm at a loss right now. I just graduated, so I'm living with my mother, but it hasn't even been two weeks and she's giving me shit already. Like, this shit doesn't happen overnight and I wish it would. I'm depressed because I feel useless. Fellow classmates have had jobs offered to them already. I've never had a girlfriend. Never felt I was worthy. Didn't think they deserved someone like me. but I'm getting depressed cause I see people with kids at my age. I'm 30. Alot of people are well off whereas I'm just getting out of college with nothing established. I remember being friends with a girl. I never had any crush on her. I don't know what it means to have a crush. But I bring her up because I was thinking about her and what could have been if I tried to push it. I never did and she's married now. Today is her birthday. I see a picture of her today and it's obvious her career path has caused her to age rapidly so she's not as pretty and attractive as she once was. I don't want to settle for whoever, but I'm apparently incredibly selective for someone like me who's 255lbs at 6ft. So I'm left alone. My mother is brainwashing me into staying here. I don't want to live this life. I can't kill myself because that shit is too scary to even think of. I'm honestly at a loss.

I been told that I should just get a basic job like cashier or something until I land the one I've been working for, but I don't want to do that again. I did it for eight years.
>>
What did you graduate from ? can you get a not-shitty job with that ?
Can you commit to transforming yourself or do you feel like it's too damn hard and just give up ?
You seem to be at a quite low point, that means, you have the option on using that as emotional leverage to get your ass off and rise to become a beast in every field you feel you should improve yourself. when will you say and mean and feel "ENOUGHHHH"
>>
>>17171676
why didn't you do any internships? why didn't you go to any job fairs/conventions? why didn't you network with fellow classmates in order to gain connections for future jobs? did you even talk to your professors and see what job options they could offer?
work in a warehouse or factory instead of cashier.
>>
>my mother is brainwashing me into staying here
No dipshit. Your lazy ass is the sole reason you are where you are
>>
>>17171740
>What did you graduate from ? can you get a not-shitty job with that ?

Graphic Design. Market is hot right now, but I don't feel like I have what employers are looking for.

>Can you commit to transforming yourself or do you feel like it's too damn hard and just give up ?

I have no idea what you mean by transforming myself.

>>17171750

>why didn't you do any internships? why didn't you go to any job fairs/conventions? why didn't you network with fellow classmates in order to gain connections for future jobs? did you even talk to your professors and see what job options they could offer?

I did two internships. I didn't have time for job fairs. And the connection my professors know are, like, across the country and I have no fucking clue how to just uproot myself without any fucking money. I'm not comfortable with having nothing. Besides, how they hell am I going to land a job with nothing? How does that work?
>>
>>17171772
so get yourself a tablet and start freelancing bruh, if you're only an artist because of your degree then you never had a chance.
>>
>>17171676

Alright, let's see here, after we cut out the bullshit your post goes like this.
> I just graduated, so I'm living with my mother, but it hasn't even been two weeks and she's giving me shit already.
Sounds like a good mom.

>I'm depressed because I feel useless. I've never had a girlfriend. Never felt I was worthy. Didn't think they deserved someone like me.
ok well this is something that /adv/ can't help you with besides telling you to seek treatment

>but I'm getting depressed cause I see people with kids at my age. I'm 30.
You lucky fuck, having kids is hell, enjoy your solitude.

>I'm apparently incredibly selective for someone like me who's 255lbs at 6ft.
Yeah, you should probably start here.
>>>/fit/

>So I'm left alone. My mother is brainwashing me into staying here. I don't want to live this life.
Is she giving you shit or brainwashing you to stay??
If you accept responsibility for your situation you can make a change nigga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkA7ok5MySk

not too complicated
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.