[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clothes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Regular-Sized-Men’s-Clothes.jpg (168 KB, 1100x720) Image search: [Google]
Regular-Sized-Men’s-Clothes.jpg
168 KB, 1100x720
How do you know what size clothes you're supposed to wear?

All my clothes look like shit on me, pic related it's basically what all my clothes look like. Like something a lame high school kid would be wearing. What do adults wear? I'm thinking of buying nothing but suits like that kid that does the food reviews, because i just don't know how to look good in a t-shirt and pants.

If you're thinking i'm overweight then you're wrong, my body is fine, pretty much identical to the guy in the picture.

At one point i thought maybe my face is so ugly that it just makes everything i'm wearing look like shit but that can't be it since people like rick owens can look good in what they're wearing despite their faces looking the way they do.

I've visited /fa/ i tried to be like them but i just don't seem to get it. Also some styles don't look good on everyone. I would post this on /fa/ but they would just tell me to read the sticky which i've already done multiple times.

How do you guys do it? what do you wear? It seems to come natural to some if not most, no matter what they wear they don't look like shit doing it but it's totally different for me, I'm even beginning to suspect i might have body dysmorphia or something, since nothing i wear looks right to me.
>>
>>17171378

Usually a shirt and a pullover.
>>
Try them on?
>>
>>17171378
Collared shirt.
Rest is up to your imagination
>>
Plain white oxford shirt with the right size
Black skinny jeans
Black loafers

Easiest comb
>>
I am on a slow mission to upgrading my partner`s wardrobe and one important thing I have noticed: Posture, leg position, etc` can drastically change whether clothes look good on you or not. I.E standing like a penguin (legs together and feet spread out) is straight up unflattering.
Other than that, maybe the type of pants you wear don`t flatter your lower body, maybe the shoes you wear don`t match the rest of the outfit, etc`.
>>
File: 1463776559873.jpg (157 KB, 563x800) Image search: [Google]
1463776559873.jpg
157 KB, 563x800
>>17171407
my posture is fine, i don't know if my pants fit or not, to me they don't look right. Look at the guy in the OP picture, is that how pants are supposed to fit? because that looks like shit, it looks juvenile.

>>17171403
I don't think skinny jeans look good on adult men unless you're some sort of entertainer, like a high school girls favorite band type musician.
I do however like slim trouser, but it seems impossible to find trousers that fit well, either you're supposed to have all your clothes tailored or clothing companies want everybody to look like shit in their over sized or too small clothing.
>>
>>17171477
Yeah, his pants are just ugly regardless. It is difficult to advice you without a picture of your real life body and face.
>>
>>17171378
suits are pretty expensive, be prepared to drop $500+ for ones that fit properly as everyday wear ones. or ~$90 in tailoring costs and the $5-10 that the suit costs in a thrift shop for a slightly beat up one.
>>
>>17171378
>How do you know what size clothes you're supposed to wear?
Your clothing probably doesn't fit you, or you have a weird perception of how things should and shouldn't be. Can you post some pictures of you in your wardrobe? You can blur the face.
>>
Measure
Check size charts for that brand
Try on stuff that should fit

Cloth measuring tapes are pretty cheap... like $1-2
>>
>>17171378
Go shop and try on the shit in person until it looks/feels right. Dressing well for yourself is a skill that you learn through practice, trial and error.

Depends on how old you are and where you work, it looks stupid for a 20 something to be in a suit all day erryday if all he does is bag groceries.

Context is real important for clothing, I think that's what differentiates a kid and adult. Just knowing what to wear and when to wear it.
>>
>>17171378
r/malefashionadvice is where you should start instead of /fa/
>>
You're looking at fashion. Look at style.
Fashion looks good on women.
Style looks good on men.
Keep it simple:

Dark blue jeans, white v-neck tshirt, clarks desert boots.

Wanna get fancier? Get a button down long sleeve shirt. Make sure to get it tailored for like $20.

That's it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.