[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where the fuck does this greasy hair come from?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: sewer_clip_image001.jpg (25 KB, 284x299) Image search: [Google]
sewer_clip_image001.jpg
25 KB, 284x299
If i don't wash my hair every single day i look like a bum who wasn't able to wash his hair for more than a month.

what's up with that shit guys? is there anything i can do about it?
>>
>is there anything i can do about it?
shower.
>>
Stop washing every day. Excessive washing cues your body to produce more oil from your scalp. You'll be gross for a couple weeks but your body will adapt.

You can rinse daily without shampoo if you want
>>
Most people shower daily so this doesn't happen.
>>
>>17171194
This.

Shampoo is one of the biggest scams in the world and can fuck up your hair scalp.

in;b4 dirty hippy.

If you get really dirty you can use a baking soda rinse or something.
>>
>>17171213
also I don't mean don't shower and wash body etc.

You should shower every day, but besides basic soap, you don't need any other products.
>>
>>17171213
explain that baking soda shit.
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
>>17171194

can't stop because i can't look like a bum. i've got a job you know.

how about gradually lowering the amount of shampoo that i use? Would that work?
>>
Crack some eggs in there my man. Not even kidding. Just don't let the shower get too hot unless you like them scrambled.
>>
>>17173712

holy shit, there are a lot of websites that actually do say this is good for your hair and scalp. dunno about its greasy-solving-abilities but i guess it's worth a try.
>>
>>17171213
>Shampoo is one of the biggest scams in the world
Well, you're not supposed to use it every day

I did nopoo for two years, only using water to clean my hair, it always felt greasy, smelled bad and I had really bad dandruff

Would not recommend
>>
Just use some dry shampoo
>>
>>17173733
>2 years of it.
Yuck
>>
>>17171188
This might sound stupid. But i have the same problem, just worse! After abput 6 hours my hair will grease and it'll look like i didn't shower. I've tried dry shampoo and dry powder etc you name it i've tried it. But the only thing that works 100% is baby powder. I use it almost everyday and i love it.
>>
>>17173874
emergency alternative: flour
If you have dark hair though, good luck shaking that shit off
>>
It comes partly from your dietary fat, it comes partly from your hormonal output, it comes partly from the water temperature that hits your scalp, it comes partly from your current shampoo irritating your scalp.

You may also have other bad habits when it comes to hair, like letting it excessively touch other parts of your body or clothing, styling your hair while wet, overbrushing, blowdrying too often or going to sleep with your hair wet.

For now, try a nice splash of tea tree oil on your scalp, let it sit for ~5 min before taking your shower and just rinsing it off with warm-but-not-hot water. If you enjoy hot showers, after washing and conditioning your hair, wear a shower cap so that hot water does not touch your scalp.
>>
Clarifying shampoo. Suave has a some cheap stuff. Works great for my greasy haired SO
>>
>>17173653
Use conditioner after you shampoo.
>>
It can also just be a matter of genetics. My sister and I have very different hair, that behaves differently. Hers needs a shower daily because it tends towards oilyness. Mine can't be showered every day or else it gets way too dry, and needs a shower every two-three.

Don't forget to let the shampoo sit in your hair for long enough to do its work. I usually shampoo my hair first and let it sit while I wash my body, then rise it all after. If you rinse too soon it won't work properly.
>>
File: The-more-you-know.png (851 KB, 1280x931) Image search: [Google]
The-more-you-know.png
851 KB, 1280x931
Are you sure you're washing out all the shampoo when you're done?

I have a friend who's a hairdresser, and she has a *LOT* of clients whose hair starts to foam as soon as she wets it from all the soap still in there.

That can make hair look greasy and sticky.
>>
>>17175106
How the hell can someone not tell if they left shampoo in their hair?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.