[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing with a narcissistic family member
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 416x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 416x567
How to deal with a narcissistic family member? Ever since they moved in with us they have thrown all types of insults towards me under the rug.

They appear friendly, but turn aggressive like night and day.

No matter what I do, they find something to talk about. I can't deal with his mind games. Confronting him on his shit only makes him
pissed and the situation worse. It's no peace with him.

What do I do?
>>
>>17171171
>they
>him
Is it multiple people? If so, how much?
>thrown all types of insults towards me under the rug
Kick him/them out if they won't be grateful for you taking them in for whatever reason
>>
>>17171171
The same way you deal with childhood narcissism.

You don't acknowledge the little brat when he acts up.

Narcissists try to put themselves in the center of attention.

Avoid letting whatever it is become a big deal.
>>
>>17171181
Just one person.

>>17171189
I don't acknowledge the shit, but he still acts like it is a free card to do whatever he want. Gives me dirty looks at church today and in the mirror of the car while driving. Just seen it out of my peripheral vision.
>>
>>17171294

Is he a teenager?
>>
>>17171297
Yeah, and 6". got kicked out his own home for the same shit he's pulling here.
>>
>>17171314
>6"
I meant he is 6'(feet) tall. He uses his height offensively and is very physical. Likes to test his strength with me.
>>
Thoughts?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.