[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My ex contacted me and sent me this song. She left me 6 mont
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: penguin evolution.jpg (543 KB, 1798x900) Image search: [Google]
penguin evolution.jpg
543 KB, 1798x900
My ex contacted me and sent me this song. She left me 6 months ago and we don't really speak anymore. I know I'm not supposed to try and interpret things but I can't figure out what these lyrics mean, and i know she sent it because of a meaning she's found in it as that's always how she was.

Just asking for a second opinion.

https://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/sites/teens/files/luke_sital-singh_-_still_-_lyrics.pdf
>>
Weak attempt of getting your attention. Don't even try to interpret anything, it doesn't matter. She had her chance and blew it, don't come running if she's calling.

Only stew is tasty when reheated.
>>
>>17170824
Why would she even want it, she left me, she was adamant that we'd never get back together, i tried to get her back but to no avail. Nothing was good enough for her, not even 3 months therapy i went to to fix my issues.
>>
>>17170825
She misses the attention you gave her.
>>
>>17170825

>she left me, she was adamant that we'd never get back together

Then stop analyzing song lyrics to discover hidden meaning in some shit that doesn't matter. Move on, dude.
>>
>>17170829
I stopped giving her attention months ago. This was a few days ago and i didnt reply and since then she just sent me a message along the lines of "So you arent talking to me then?"
>>
>>17170833
>I stopped giving her attention months ago.
Yes, that's why she is contacting you now.
>She misses the attention you GAVE her.
>>
>>17170841
So i just keep ignoring her? Makes me feel like a dick, im not good at being mean. If she wants to get back together, and im 99% sure she doesn't, then ignoring her just blows all that. I would be willing to give things another go, it was 6 and a half years and an engagement she threw away, and neither of us are kids.
>>
>>17170829
this.

she doesn't want you, she just wants you to want her.

don't reply. block her.
>>
>>17170845
if she left you once she will leave you again. you're already out, don't go through it all again. It's over. leave it. move on.
>>
>>17170851
>if she left you once she will leave you again. you're already out, don't go through it all again. It's over. leave it. move on.
In the real world people can get back together and last, the majority of long term couples have broken up at least once.
>>
>>17170845
I can't decide what you think is the best course of action; I simply answered the why.

Personally I would ignore her. After all she was adamant that it was over and, if I understand it correctly, left rather than staying in the relationship to work on any problems you had together.
>>
>>17170862
Yeah but what does she mean by sending this specific song.
>>
>>17170829
>>17170830
>>17170862
So nice, one of those days where I write the first answer to a thread, leave, and on coming back others wrote exactly what I would have written.

OP, she is probably just having a bad time at the moment and wants attention. Or sex, or love, or whatever. It doesn't matter because if you give her what she wants, you will be useless for her again. Don't fall for it. It will just leave you more scarred than you are already, and moving on will be even harder.

THE BEST PREDICTOR OF FUTURE BEHAVIOR IS PAST BEHAVIOR!
>>
>>17170903

The song doesn't matter. Songs about love can be applied to almost any relationship, the lyrics are completely irrelevant. She wants your attention and thought the song was an easy way to get it.

Continue ignoring her. Don't let your guard down because she has nothing good planned for you. You healed and learned how to live without her, don't let her drag you back in and hurt you again. At the very least remain silent and see what she says - if she actually wants to get back together she'll apologise and beg, and it's up to you to make your decision then.
>>
>>17170903
It doesn't matter dude. You need to fucking get it.
>>
>>17170908
>>17170912
Who cares if it doesn't matter, doesn't mean i cant wonder what it means. Most things in life dont matter.
>>
>>17170985
I have only been on this world for 25 years, but I am very, very, very certain that almost everything in it matters more than what some stupid bitch that left you means with sending you a random attention-seeking love song 6 months after she broke up with you.

Do whatever the fuck you want, interpret that song, imagine what it would like to be back with her, tell her what she wants to hear, give her another chance, be close with her again, and have your heart ripped out once more, so that she the next time she leaves you, you will be an even more miserable idiot, but at least you won't come to /adv/ anymore still asking random strangers to interpret some shitty song for you although everyone told you that it doesn't matter, your argument being "Most things in life don't matter".

Jesus fucking Christ, what is it with you guys?
>>
>>17171009
So you're assuming the song means she wants to get back together?
>>
>>17171014
I'm assuming the song was meant to catch your attention.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.