[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got scammed, have his numbers, help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Svf9rk.gif (536 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
Svf9rk.gif
536 KB, 800x792
I got scammed out of 540 USD for being reckless and trustworthy, I have his number, how can I call him to get enough evidence to go to the police?
>>
Reckless and trustworthy. Hmm
>>
OP here, I sold him my ps4 with a couple games and headset ect. for 450 USD, he showed me a transaction on his phone and I handed it to him but I never got the money, now he's not responding to my message. I'm planning to call on a separate number, what can I say that will give me enough identification to know who he is? Or his family members.

Yeah I'm stupid, but I can solve it so can you help?
>>
sorry, meant 540 USD
>>
Unless there was a paper trail good luck proving anything in court. Guessing you didn't have him sign anything and it sounds like the supposed online transaction was faked. Hell you probably can't even prove you owned it in the first place (i.e. a receipt).

We all fuck up sometimes. Just be more careful in the future. In this case you should not have delivered the goods until the money landed in your account in a way that you yourself checked and verified.
>>
I have a taped 7 minute conversation with him on the phone that made it pretty clear I owned the ps4... I don't want him to go to court or anything, I just want my ps4 back. I figured if I get his name then he'll give it to me
>>
>>17170802
This is not admissible in court, depending on what state you are in. If you're in a two party consent state, that means you have to have their permission to record them. Do research on that.
>>
just go to the police department and see what they can do for you.
>>
I'm in Norway though. Hm, but see this is all just something I have to worry about if I actually get his name... I don't have it yet, how can I get it through a phone conversation?
>>
>>17170802
tell him this in a message and threaten to take him to court, sometimes this alone is enough to get them to pay up or return the merchandise.
>>
I did, he ignored my question. I'm planning on calling, what should I say?
>>
Also thank you guys a lot, this was basically all the property I owned...
>>
>>17170854
If he doesn't answer go to his house and beat the shit out of him for being a nigger
>>
Lol he was dark skinned actually. But I don't know where he lives
>>
>>17170909
>Dark skinned
>Norway

The second you found out it was some sandnigger rapefugee you should have bounced
>>
This isn't the topic :( please help
>>
>>17170923
So literally all you have is his phone number
>>
Unfortunately
>>
>>17170939
Well guy

The most important thing from this is to not trust niggers of any kind

Because you have no info and he has diplomatic immunity even if you did call the cops, you don't have many options.
>>
By law you have no proof that you owned the ps4 and sold it to him for that amount of money. Only thing you can do is to find him and threat him with some friends. Learn from this experience that from everything you do, you need it on papers.

Verba volant, scripta manent.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.