[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you tell if you've ACTUALLY lost weight or if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (337 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
337 KB, 1000x750
How do you tell if you've ACTUALLY lost weight or if you were just dehydrated? How much does water retention etc even matter?
>>
Generally they advise you to measure your weight while naked and measure it at the same time every day and chart it over several months before figuring anything out.

You won't physically feel the loss of weight, if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>17170558
I'm not trying to lose weight, I just want to know what weight I *actually* am. I don't know if I'm normal weight or not if I'm 54 kg one moment and 57 literally 3 minutes later.

How much is it normal for weight to fluctuate? How do I know if I'm just always dehydrated? Should I be drinking a glass of water before weighing, and just see what it is with the water??????!
>>
>>17170570
Your original post made it seem like you were asking a stupid question. Even in this post you are asking a stupid question. Of course your weight fluctuates daily if you eat, drink, and defecate.
>>
You are not dehydrated. Dehydration is a medical condition that trust me, if you experienced it, you would fucking know because you would not have any saliva or tears to lubricate your tongue and eyeballs.

The average adult human has about a 3-4kg intake in foods and fluids every day, so that amount of daily fluctuation is normal.

What is with this bullshit American hypochondriac lingo? Americans are never fucking thirsty, they're dehydrated. Americans are never sunburnt, they're experiencing heat exhaustion.

Again, measure yourself at the same time every day, chart it over the course of a month and average it out. There is your "normal" weight.
>>
>>17170586
I'm asking a question I want an answer to.

How do I know which weight is the right one??

>>17170589
So if I'm 54 kilos for about 4 minutes every morning, but range around 57-59 for the rest of the day, I can say I'm 54?

I'm not an american, english is not my first language, I just need to know.
>>
>>17170605
IT DOESN'T MATTER. NOBODY IS GOING TO CHECK. IF THEY WERE IN A SITUATION WHERE THEY WERE GOING TO CHECK, THEY'D GET YOU TO JUST HOP ON THE SCALES AND SUBTRACT 2KG FOR THE WEIGHT OF YOUR SHOES AND CLOTHES.
>>
>>17170611
BUT I NEED TO KNOW

I HAVE TO KNOW IF I'VE LOST WEIGHT OR NOT
>>
Weigh yourself every morning and try to take a shit and piss when you wake up, or if not, before you go to bed.
Also, try not to eat too late at night and weigh yourself naked. And if you gain 5 kg during the day, I think you're doing something wrong. My weight is always in the 120 - 125lb range, I don't think its possible to take in 10lb of food in 12 hours.
No math involved, anon. Just simple logic.
>>
>>17170659
I always weigh myself in the morning after going to the bathroom and never eat before going to bed.

How do I tell I'm not just dried out (if "dehydration" is not the right word I really don't know the right word) every time every morning? My morning pee is always brown/orange.
>>
>>17170666
Don't worry about water retention, unless you're super anal about your weight or if you're in boxing/wrestling (even when I was in wrestling, I didn't give jack shit about my weight)
You're really gonna fuck up your body if you don't drink at least 2 liters of water a day, it also speeds up your metabolism if you drink more.
I have a ton of half liter bottles that I refill and drink every hour, and my piss comes out clearer than Caribbean beaches.
>>
Your weight goes up and down throughout the week, OP.

Everyone is different.

Weigh yourself in the morning, after you have used the bathroom. Later in the day (maybe a few hours after lunch), weigh yourself again. You might see a 2-5lb leap from the morning. Don't freak out over it. You need to keep in mind that your body is still processing everything you've put into your body.

I could drink an 8 ounce glass of water and weigh myself to see that I've gone up .8lbs. It's no big deal.

Weigh yourself from Monday-Sunday and count the lowest weight as your real weight.
>>
>>17170708
So it really is 54? I am officially underweight despite of usually being around 60?
>>
>>17170718
Yes, just make sure it stays in that range.
>>
>>17170502
Hydration actually makes you look more skinny, not dehydration. Drink lots of water so 'water retention' doesn't happen
>>
>>17170736
I know that but that was not what I meant.
>>
>>17170751
Drink lots of water asshole, don't make me say it again
>>
>>17170755
I do drink water but I can't drink water at night because then I won't sleep because I have to get up to pee every time so I have to choose between sleeping or drinking at night and I can't get both.
>>
>>17170767

That's fair
>>
>>17170589
The colloquial term rises from "thirsty" being the desire to drink water and "dehydrated" from feeling the physical effects of not having had water. You can be dehydrated and not be thirsty.

There is a difference between being dehydrated and suffering from dehydration.
Just like feeling a bit depressed and suffering from depression.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.