[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I calm down and shut my stupid mouth when something political
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
How do I calm down and shut my stupid mouth when something political comes up?

Today I was with my father and world politics came up and 45 minutes later I am still blaring on about how I think X, Y and Z should work and insisting it should work. For example, the topic of welfare came up and I was saying it would be better we cut it off and fix our culture and aim to emulate other countries with much lower crime and much higher levels of education such as countries in east Asia.

I know its stupid but, I find its a good way to vent frustration over the things I think, problem is it obviously comes out in a way which is aggressive and far too disorganized.

TL:DR How do I shut the fuck up over these things and stop caring about them?
>>
Don't stop caring. Find people who want to talk politics. Not ur family
>>
Can you think of another activity that would help you vent your frustration? A sport, perhaps?
>>
>>17170407

Realize your opinion doesn't matter and nobody cares. Also talking about politics is rather cringey unless you're a politician or a political science major.

You're just piss in the wind. What helped me is realizing how stupid everyone on Facebook sounded when talking about politics.
>>
>>17170407
Save your political passion for situations in which it will be useful. Obviously you are not going to change your father's mind - and eveb if you did, it would have little effect on the world.

Use that anger to support causes and candidates - put your shoe leather and hours of donated work where your mouth is.
>>
>>17170442
He suggested that too, he took it real well to be honest but still, I felt bad cause this kind of thing has made me feel terrible and look like a fool in the past. Its hard though as most political groups here are local and our country is really nothing but tripe in the world spectrum

>>17170444
I already play video games but that has been integral to my life for a very long time. I have never been good at sports though.

>>17170446
I know which in hindsight after I am done my tirade makes me feel even worse, not in its insignificance, I do think I have valid views, but just how "Oh god I fucked up again, I went on a rant when it wasn't appropriate". I do feel passionate about it though. I really do.

>>17170453
As above, our country is worthless in the world spectrum and that equals our candidates too.
>>17170444
>>
>>17170485
Video games are not very good for venting frustation, sometimes it even creates more frustration. What about solo exercises, like jogging or biking, do you think that would be a possibility?
>>
>>17170497
Kept jogging for a good while during my Masters study. Haven't done it in a year but was mad into it for a while cause of study where it was a necessity. I am, as expected of any video gamer, a terrible procrastinator.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.