[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like I'm going to lose it. Not in a "I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
I feel like I'm going to lose it. Not in a "I'm going to kill myself" kind of way, but, I feel like I'm going to crack from loneliness again.

How do you cope with literally being a stranger in all of your personal relationships? Like, I want so badly to be better friends with the people I live with, but I feel like such a bother to them, an intruder even. And when I do muster up the courage to ask them to hang out, they're busy, but more than willing to do things when I'm not around. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
>>
Are you me OP?
>>
Do your friends go out and do stuff? Just ask to go with them. Or just say 'hey wanna go to the zoo/movies/etc with me' or play videogames with them or something.
>>
File: 1463512329163.jpg (282 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463512329163.jpg
282 KB, 2000x1000
>>17169705
>>
>>17169707
Ditto.

I guess you need to find other people, but there is a threshold where it becomes infinitely harder to make new friends if you hadn't already, which I suspect is around 25.
>>
>>17169844
I am about to turn 25. You have time friend but it's super hard for me.
>>
You guys are a bunch of fucken losers.

It's not hard

Get the fuck out of your house.

Talk to people.

See if you have things in common.

Tell them you want to kick it.

Bill do you like basketball

I really like basketball

Let's go play a game

Bill the game of basketball was fun let's meet up next week for another game.
>>
>>17169866
this doesn't work you just become basketball friends
>>
>>17169846
>super hard to find other people

I'm always reminded by that line in Notes from Underground

>Another circumstance, too, worried me in those days: that there was no one like me and I was unlike anyone else. "I am alone and they are everyone," I thought--and pondered.

I've never really found anyone, girl or guy, like me with similar interests. I mean, I have found people with similar interests recently but talking to them shows just how far back I am socially.
>>
>>17169868
Ok then you hit him up for a beer.

Now your beer bros

Some beers done the line you get to know each other.

He likes you and your cool with him your friend if not then on to the next one.
>>
>>17169874
You guys are the ones who want to be lonely it's by your will.

You bitch

You don't put the effort

You don't take time to figure why you like

You don't do anything.

That's why you don't have friends.

It's because you feel entitled to friends and that is a life long lie.
>>
>>17169705
Workout, hypnosis, meditation, new hobbies, meet new people
>>
>>17169866
>>17169883

I think you're oversimplifying things a bit.
>>
>>17169899
It's a simple thing that's why your not getting your complicating it.

People interact we are made to congregate

Try out my adv

It's really simple go out and talk to 5 people a day girl or guy.

Even hello is fine just 5 a day.

How much I bet you one of them will open up and talk to you about their day.
>>
>>17169705
Oh man. You put my exact thoughts into a post. I feel you OP. I feel lonely.

Also, I agree with the other anons that it is much harder to make friends past 25. I'm turning 27 now, AND I moved to a new country by myself. Everyone I meet and make 'friends' with just feel so shallow. Their social circles are friends from way back in high school or university. I'm always just the outsider.
>>
>>17169844
>>17169846
26 and zero problems
the average age of people I make friends with is going up slower than my own age, though

What's worse is realising the number of people that you will connect with on a fundamental level is infinitesimally small.
>>
>>17169999
QUADS
>>
>>17169999
>witnessed

I'm in the same situation as OP. Never been able to join any group of people. I'm always surrounded by other students, as i spend my days in a library preparing exams, but i can never connect with them, not even the ones i ask for help when i don't understand stuff in my books. They're just people i know. Not friends. We talk about uni related topics or about the magnificent ass of a pretty girl that just passed by or other random small talk. They act all close to each other as if they've known each other for ages, and just laugh over bullshit and smoke cigarettes during breaks. This seems make them 100% happy. Meanwhile i force myself to tag along and say something every now and then so i don't look like a zombie chasing them. It was the very same during highschool and it's destroying me. Always surrounded by people but always alone.
>>
>>17169705
are you spiritual? i started to go to spiritual-related meetups and they're the only places i've been able to make the meaningful relationships and connections >>17169999 is talking about. granted i'm 24 and everyone's over 40 and i only see them at meetups, i have a great and fulfilling time when i do.
>>
>>17169987
>Everyone I meet and make 'friends' with just feel so shallow

It's kind of disingenuous to say that, they just have different interests.
I mean, I've basically had 4 hobbies in my life vidya, telly, maths and reading, and dropped to just vidya and telly. So it's not really that they're shallow persay, (though it's possible), it's more your interests, or lack of, don't align.

But what's funny is I (VERY) occasionally meet other people interested in geek/nerd crap, but they didn't grow up friendless in a geek void (or any sort of cultural void really, my area was really odd in that aspect), so they are more socially-competent. And now that geek chic is in full swing, I'm kind of like an outsider in my own thing.
>>
>>17169705
You could make a losers/neets meetup but the chances of running into a bunch of chris-chans is pretty high.
>>
>>17170141

>granted i'm 24 and everyone's over 40

I don't know about that, I'm about 4 years older than some of my peers and still a generational gap is apparent despite the gap being small.
>>
File: 1430999229664.jpg (143 KB, 807x1013) Image search: [Google]
1430999229664.jpg
143 KB, 807x1013
>>17169874
>I've never really found anyone, girl or guy, like me with similar interests. I mean, I have found people with similar interests recently but talking to them shows just how far back I am socially.
This feel, fuck this feel

>>17170141
>occasionally meet other people interested in geek/nerd crap, but they didn't grow up friendless in a geek void
>And now that geek chic is in full swing, I'm kind of like an outsider in my own thing.
This one too
>>
>>17171032
It annoys me as well, and can't you even call them out cos they actually know their shit.

>You've been replaced by cool people and there no niches left except for chris-chan level stuff.
>>
>>17171032
>tfw you've been turfed out of your own hobby
>>
>>17169705
Prostitutes give a sense of worth to a worthless man like myself.
>>
Man, I hate work but if I don't go, I literally don't see another human being.

>>17171401
Yeah, but for how long?
>>
>>17171032
>occasionally meet other people interested in geek/nerd crap, but they didn't grow up friendless in a geek void
>And now that geek chic is in full swing, I'm kind of like an outsider in my own thing

Yes, fuck this feel.
>>
>>17171855
I'm going to comic-con just to see how much of this feel I can get.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.