[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 5. Nightscape.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
5. Nightscape.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
So im currently in a town about 200 miles from my place of residence. I have 12 miles of gas in my cars tank and 6% in my phone. My phone has a car charger. I lost my wallet.

I do have my debit card number memorized, for what it's worth.

Plz save me
>>
>>17169535
Why not call someone who actually knows you with the phone you can charge in your car? They can wire you money (although perhaps you need ID to pick it up?) Or come get you.

If you're actually in SF, there is a Western Union office approximately one mile due east of where that picture was taken, on Marina Blvd at Beach.
>>
>>17169535
Cops will give you a few gallons of gas so you can get to an appropriate location or even back home.

Look up the local sheriffs office number and explain what's going on.
>>
if you're in SF (and by the palace of fine arts) go up to Columbus street and panhandle. it's Saturday night, people are drunk and coming out of bars, you look clean. it'd take like 30 minutes to get 30 to throw into your tank.
>>
>>17169535
1. Find a hotel
2. Ask front desk person if you can charge your phone. Explain situation
3. Don't ask to reserve room. Just ask if you can park in the parking lot till someone can pick you up. Night audit guys are pretty chill about this.
4. After phone is charged, find nearest bank that issued your debit card. Hopefully it's close by. Go. Get cash.
>>
>>17169611
Good advice. Do this OP
>>
>>17169611
My bank is in the southeast and I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

>>17169590
The same goes for my family. I don't think any of my coworkers care enough to save me.

>>17169597
I'll try this tomorrow if I can't find my wallet. I'm sleeping in my car tonight.
>>
Update for anyone who cares.

I went to the cops and files a lost wallet report. O
My expectations are low. When I explained my gas situation, they said there was nothing they could do about that. So, no poster (and lady at Wal mart who gave the same advice), the police will not save you if you lose your wallet.

I did manage to contact an aunt of mine who can wire me $100 from the east coast. Many grocery stores offer wiring 24/7, if they're open 24/7, just for future notice.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.