[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My parents bought me am expensive instrument when I was in high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1461544933936s.jpg (10 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1461544933936s.jpg
10 KB, 250x187
My parents bought me am expensive instrument when I was in high school (French horn, ~3000). I'm now a college junior, and they somewhat disowned me this year after years of drama and abuse. I sold the French horn for way less than it's worth and put the money into a car which I actually need. Now my parents are contacting me constantly about the horn which obviously I don't have. I'm getting panic attacks over this. Lie? Honesty? Please help
>>
>>17168826

Just tell them.
>>
>>17168828
I'm so fucking scared and I feel guilty and horrible
>>
>>17168831
Legally you can say it was a gift and they won't be able to do anything to seek repayment. Fuck them OP, they disowned you. I hope you didn't cause that...
>>
It was yours. And they gave it to you as a gift. It's not theirs to take back morally or legally.
>>
>>17168915
Thanks. Yeah I "caused it" by having friendships and relationships outside of their religion
>>
>>17168826
Well..... Your bad child .

Your patents will be heart broken. Dont expect anything from them ever again .
>>
>>17168826
Curious: what's their religion?
>>
>>17169096
I'm betting on Mormonism or Islam
>>
>>17168949
That's your parents fault for being fucking autistic
>>
>>17168826
Say it was stolen
>>
>>17169110
if youre going to be prejudice dont half ass it leave it religion, be sure to be racist as well. he's clearly mormon, muslims arent intelligent enough to appreciate the french horn
>>
>>17168826
Honesty. Always. Don't be a fucking child about it . Explain it rationally.
>>
>>17169210
this is good advice, >>17168949.
You may think that's perfectly reasonable but it's definitely not, from an outsiders perspective. That was an awful way to treat their kid.
>>
goddamn son your parents are assholes

just laugh and strut away like a majestic peacock
>>
Tell them it was stolen.
>>
>>17168826
>disowned me

Stop responding to their calls.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.