[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
abusive brother needs to pay rent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 2338657448_1a1ded3f39_b.jpg (540 KB, 798x1024) Image search: [Google]
2338657448_1a1ded3f39_b.jpg
540 KB, 798x1024
hey so i've talked about this several times. here's the summary:

>Older adult brother is an abusive pos
>Walks all over the parents.
>Gave me bruised ribs
>Fist fights with dad
>Let out several cats on purpose to be eaten by coyotes just cuz he was angry.
>Now be me for a second
>Became Neet mid college because of severe GAD
>Keeping the house together at least.
>Now going to therapy, and it's going great.
>Life's getting better. going back to school. learning how to drive.
>In the meantime, lightly pester people about the things they leave out, like you'd expect from the maid.
>Brother is the worst offender. gets annoyed because of it.
>Brother starts bullying me more severely.
>Leaving really awful notes, physically pushing me, ect.
>Would have called the cops but parents discouraged it.
>Really trying his hardest to tear me down.
>Still, no one is on his side.
>Big family fight
>Brother lost
>Now he hhhaaaaates me. Can't even stand my voice.
>A month later am trying to be cordial with him.
>AKA if this doesn't stop, at least I'll be the better person.
>He won't budge. ho'kay then

Okay, so about a month ago the parent's managed to get him to pay rent. Awesome! However that was one time, and they'll likely forget. I want them to keep it up, but I also feel bad about bringing it up because I don't want it to seem like I'm too focused on him. He just gets away with this crap far too easily.
Yes, to some degree, I do hate him. He needs to learn to respect the parents, and with this behavior that's not happening. Also if he thinks it's okay to do those things, you bet your ass I'll revel in making his life harder than he wants it to be.

TL;DR Brother's an abusive asshole. He needs to pay rent again. How do I bring it up to the parents without it seeming like I care too much about him?
>>
>>17168637
Stop being a fucking beta and get the cops involved. If he's willing to kill cats, it's only a matter of time before he moves up to people.
>>
>>17168637
Dude where do you live?

I'll beat your bro's ass
>>
>>17168637
I was in the same situation except with a sister, I was only able to solve my problem with the help of the police. You mention you're going to therapy, have you tried talking to your therapist about it? They will likely have a lot of resources and be much more informative/helpful in this situation than we can be.
>>
>>17168648
yeah i spoke to my therapist about that. sadly there's no evidence and even though my parents also don't like his behaviour, they don't want to "ruin his life" and would likely defend him in court.
but of course if he does anything again i'm calling the cops.

>>17168656
and yes he said the way he acts is senior abuse (both parents are over 55)
>>
>>17168656
in fact talking to my therapist is what helped me stand up to him in the first place.
>>
>>17168655
haha i'd love the help, but sadly, anonymity and that jazz.
>>
>>17168674
>even though my parents also don't like his behaviour, they don't want to "ruin his life" and would likely defend him in court
Talk to them about this. It is unfortunate that some people need to be allowed to hit rock bottom becore they become willing to crawl out of the hole. But it sounds as though it may be what your brother needs, and if so, then calling the police becomes the compassionate thing to do.
>>
>>17169135
yeah, I know. my therapist also said that. it might take a while before anything else happens though. He tends to go into seclusion after these fights. i've gotten in the habit of recording every fight incase it does go that far.
>>
my first question still stands by the way
>He needs to pay rent again. How do I bring it up to the parents without it seeming like I care too much about him?
or in other words, should I keep pestering my parents about it, or should I just leave it alone and let the entropy increase?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.