[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did you meet your partner and how? I've been going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: where.jpg (18 KB, 539x300) Image search: [Google]
where.jpg
18 KB, 539x300
Where did you meet your partner and how?
I've been going to various spots and I've been tricked into going to places because I was told I was going to me somebody. (That was a load of bollocks).

How do?
>>
>>17168166
I'm talking partners and relationships. etc.
>>
>>17168166
My gf and I met from working together. Pretty lucky too since we're both gay girls
>>
Used to work together in different departments, met properly at uni though.
>>
>>17168280
Whenever I've worked it's always been with older people, never had somebody my age myself.
>>
tinder, actually

we messaged/texted for a few weeks, he asked me on a date, and we met up at a coffee shop near my dorm. talked for awhile, then went to the brain room at the med school library. it was a really nice time. we've been together six months now
>>
Plenty of Fish.

He's four years older than me, so we never had a chance to meet in school or in social groups because of the slight age difference as teens, but we had lived 15 minutes away from each other our whole lives as it turned out. We met officially at an iHop around 1am. That was five years, a kid, and a mortgage ago.
>>
>>17169003
I've heard of all sorts of dodgy people using Tinder.
>>
At a wedding. She caught the bouquet, I caught the garter. The father of the bride tells me "that's how I met my wife, too."

Married 2 years later, to the day.
>>
Okcupid

At first he wasn't interested because I had religious shit all over my page, but once I told him my mother put that up he was responsive.

We talked on the phone a few times, met up for a few dates and pretty much knew after a few months we were meant to be together. Been married for almost 2 years now, still going strong.

Best thing about him: helped me relax and stop being a stereotypical bitch, really improved my quality of life. I helped him with emotional trauma from a previous Internet relationship
>>
>>17170009
oh yeah dude you definitely heard right, 99% of my tinder experiences were horrible and weird

but i got lucky with this one
>>
>>17170033
>At first he wasn't interested because I had religious shit all over my page, but once I told him my mother put that up he was responsive.

Wtf lol;.

I met my ex at a party. Haven't met anyone else since, but that's tha.
>>
>>17170248
Got any stories you'd care to share?
>>
>>17170288

not stories, just that dudes were super weird imo. i think most people who i matched with were using the app for different reasons than myself. i used it because i had trouble meeting someone in my day to day life who i wanted to date. they just wanted to fuck, which is fine, but not what i wanted, and they were super lewd sometimes. so it made me uncomfortable.

my boyfriend is the only person i've met from tinder though. i'm sure if i met one of the other dudes i'd have a story.
>>
Work (different section).
>>
>>17170301
Super lewd is the best kind of lewd.
When I think of stories that I've heard from Tinder it's usually some psychopath or something as opposed to somebody that was 'frisky'.

I think that, I could handle. To each his own though.
>>
>>17170348
if i were looking for just a hookup at the time, i'd be into it, but i wasn't. i was also an idiot 18 year old (i mean i'm only 19 now but i have a lot more understanding than i did then).

luckily i did not encounter any psychopaths
>>
A foreign language reading club at uni, she worked at the place the club happened and I study that language.
>>
>>17168166
I am an older guy who had several girlfriends on my way to my wife.

Every single one of my at-all-significant relationships was with someone who I knew as a friend or co-worker or classmate first.

That tells me that you should not go places looking for girls to fall in love with, but look closer to home, among the girls you already know, however casually.
>>
op volunteer at the spca. tons of chicks here. youre welcome.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.