[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Credit card debt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Jello /adv/, so I like many was stupid with credit cards, would it be so bad to take a loan pay those off, and use the rest towards savings and just have the one loan payment which can't be as bad as the credit card raping me with interest at the moment? We are talking under 10k
>>
Can you consolidate it? Also don't take out a loan for it, chances are you'll end up paying even more since the interest rates are probably higher
>>
I haven't talked with a consolation place yet, just exploring options, I will check that out.
>>
>>17168119
>would it be so bad to take a loan pay those off
If you have other debts then taking out a loan to consolidate all debts into one, including the credit card, wouldn't be so bad.

If you want to take out a loan just for the card, you'll need to calculate exactly how much you'll benefit, i.e. interest rates, term, etc. Don't just assume it's better. Your bank's website might have a calculator.

Check to see if there's a better card type for what you're doing. You may be able to switch to a card product with a lower interest rate (but different fee structure). Check your bank's website to see what types of credit cards they have and if there's one that's better, call them to switch.
>>
>>17168120
Are you dumb or something? Personal loans to consolidate credit card debt are like 6%, credit cards are at least 13%. Easy way would be to transfer all to a chase slate card or something with 0% Apr for 21 months and pay it off that way
>>
>>17168130
Also, with the bank I work for (in New Zealand) there are policies in place that can help customers in cases of financial hardship. If you're having trouble paying off your card because you've lost your job or a change has happened in your life to cause you to have trouble keeping up with bills, we can reduce the interest rate for a period (6 months, for example) or suspend it altogether. This is discretionary and case-by-case, of course.

The point is, it's better to see our customers pay back a manageable debt than be crushed under a debt that they'll never repay and then have to be chased by our Collections and Recoveries team. (Some) Banks aren't as evil as society makes them out to be.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.