[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need More Space From Clingy Girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1445110490438.jpg (89 KB, 709x704) Image search: [Google]
1445110490438.jpg
89 KB, 709x704
Quick question:

How do I get my girlfriend to be more independent and give me more space?

I don't want to hurt her feelings, but she hangs out with me more than I feel comfortable with tolerating, and want her to find happiness beyond being around me.
>>
>>17168019
Sit her down and say that you need a bit more space. Put your boundaries. Let her know that you still care about her, and you don't mean it to hurt her feelings, but you need more you time.

Or just start declining invitations to do things. But give an honest answer as "I'm just not feeling it today. Tomorrow though?"

Don't be afraid to be up front about it.
>>
>>17168065
Thank you, will do.

It's hard to do this though. She gets all mad and pouty.

I'll just not put up with it anymore.
>>
>>17168137
Good to know you're gonna do something about it. I've known too many people that are afraid to say anything and then bitch every day because their significant other is smothering them.
>>
>>17168149
In truth, I did let her know in the past that I like a lot of personal space. But she constantly needs me for some reason. Attention? Love? I just don't know.
>>
>>17168167
I'm sure her intentions are pure, that she just likes spending time with you. The reason why is void though if it's making YOU unhappy.
>>
>>17168173
It does make me unhappy. I've always been a solitary person who likes not having people around.

People in person piss me off and I have to be social which unnerves me.

She doesn't internalize that for some reason and thinks I'm just being grumpy.
>>
>>17168167
Sit her down and explain how you need to feel you are able to be free and independent more than you are now.

Let her know you still care about her, and that when she lets go that you will go have fun and then come back to her. She doesn't don't like she feels secure. Reassure her. Then do what you want, there might be tears but don't live your life unhappy and walking on eggshells
>>
Fuck you faggot I would kill to have a gf let alone a clingy one
>>
>>17168973
Unless you have absolutely nothing going on in your life, like no job, other friends or responsibilities, a clingy girlfriend is a fucking nightmare. My last girlfriend got upset with me because I went ten fucking minutes without texting her. She said some snarky shit and ruined my whole night with my friends.

I don't give a shit how much you love someone, you give them their fucking space when they ask for it.

The only reason you'd kill to have a clingy gf is because you haven't had one. I'm not saying that as a low blow, but a girlfriend who wants to be around you every minute of the day sounds great on paper until you experience it. You have no idea how bad it can be if you've never experienced it.
>>
>>17169079
i don't understand people like you

fucking normies i swear to god
>>
File: Buying Handhelds.jpg (17 KB, 261x233) Image search: [Google]
Buying Handhelds.jpg
17 KB, 261x233
>>17169194
Well of course you wouldn't understand people like us.

>You've never had a girlfriend.
>>
>>17169204
you need a spring loaded boxing glove to the nuts senpai
>>
File: faggotry.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
faggotry.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>>17169194
Even non-normies had a relationship at some point. You can glorify being a robot anon, but you will never feel the warmth of another person.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.