[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dropped my phone in the bathtub about an hour ago. It was submerged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: pac aint dog.jpg (63 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
pac aint dog.jpg
63 KB, 604x453
I dropped my phone in the bathtub about an hour ago. It was submerged for about a second before I could get it out.

I dried off the outside as best I could, then I took it apart and let it airdry for about an hour. I tried turning it on, but it won't charge past 0% battery.

Right now I have the phone in a bag of dry rice, because that's what was recommended by a few of my friends and some websites. Do you think it's going to work, or am I fucked? How long will it take to know? Are there any more effective methods that I should try instead?
>>
Was the phone on?

Did the bath tub have anything other than water?

If so. Yeah your fucked.

It shorted out.

Try taking it to a cell repair shop. They may be able to bring it back. Maybe
>>
I dropped my phone in the sea. And in a bathtub. And in the sink. Many times.
I feel somewhat experienced.

Leave it in the bag of dry rice for a while, at least 24 hours. It always worked for me. Don't touch it, don't try to charge it.
>>
>>17167735

rice should have been the first thing you did. the thing about air drying is that its drying on the fucking tech, and while doing that its absorbing whatever it can. put it in rice asap next time. that being said, when this happens you can never truly save it. you just make it useable long enough to get a new phone at best.

time to invest in a new phone
>>
>>17167745
Okay, I had a feeling that this was the case. I'm due for an upgrade anyway, so it's not that tragic. Thanks for letting me know. I'm going back to school, soon, so it's important that I figure this out.
>>
>>17167746

yep. go online and check what you can do. good luck. til then keep it plugged in so you have a home phone?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.