[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have to start therapy again or I get kicked out of the house.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: thanks shia.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
thanks shia.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
So I have to start therapy again or I get kicked out of the house. I would be fine with this if not for the fact that that would mean I would be living in a trailer the rest of my life with my shitty minimum wage job. It's either I talk to this psychologist whore or I lose my education.

Every therapist I've had has tried to convince me that there is something wrong with me, despite my efforts to explain that I am fully satisfied with my life as it is now. My father equates smoking marijuana with mental illness.

TL;DR basically i have to see a therapist FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT I SMOKE WEED. Should I be a prick to her? I've tried being nice to every therapist with the same result: They tell me I need medication that ends up causing intense brain pain or erectile dysfunction. One even caused me to depersonalize and gain 90 lbs.
>>
So my question is, do I commit sudoku or waste about 25% of my free time talking to a fucking rabid cunt?
>>
If you're even asking questions like "should I be a prick to her?" about your therapist, you should take Shia's advice there and fucking kill yourself. She's not the one giving you this ultimatum, you rectal disaster.

You probably do have something wrong with you. Not because you smoke weed. I'm not even saying you need meds, but therapy would probably be good for you. It can help a lot of people.

I felt "satisfied" with my life for years but had a lot of pain and frustration about what I though were other things. Eventually realized on my own what the problem was and went to therapy for a little help getting over it.

You're making this about weed, but I doubt that is the full extent of your parent's concerns. Sounds like you're dependent on them for room/board and college? It's natural for them to be concerned, both as people who love you AND as people bearing your financial responsibility, about how you behave.

So grow the fuck up, go to therapy, and take it seriously.

Or just go to r9k and never take responsibility for yourself again.
>>
>>17167711

Therapists want to help people. I've had some who were insensitive, and I've had some who were too touchy-feely to actually get anything done, but a good therapist is indispensable for a thinking person trying to navigate a dumbass world. They exist to make your existence less painful. Sometimes that means helping you compromise in ways that seem like total bullshit, but in the long run it's all about minimizing your suffering.

Why call someone like that a rabid cunt?

srs, if you lived less than 8 hrs away I'd fight you
>>
>>17167706

no. just go, see her for whatever remains of your college education. when you meet her (hopefully a new one) say that you are the kind of guy who believes in fixing life with effort and your own two hands, and will not be taking any pills. say that up front. say your lasts therapists tried that and it doesnt work.

when you go in, feel free to just talk abotu your problems. everyone has em even if they arent extreme. if you must, talk about your parents. you are an adult so she cant tell them anything and you cant be forced to take these meds.
>>
>>17167718
>>17167724
>>17167732
Thanks guys, you may not think your advice is helpful on a website like 4chan but believe me I'll take it all into consideration. Maybe I haven't been open enough to actually try and work on myself until recently.
>>
>>17167706
Don't take meds for it, just keep your family happy by going to therapy. Just don't pay attention to the therapist and somehow keep the therapist from contacting your family. Smoking weed doesn't really do any harm to your body, and even helps you relax, so I don't even understand why your family, unless religious, has a problem with it. Try going out, saying you're going to the therapist but actually using that time to smoke weed and come back home. You could always try to quit smoking weed, but it really doesn't matter. Gl anon.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.