[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lawn mower noise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: lawn-mower_17497_600x450.jpg (93 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
lawn-mower_17497_600x450.jpg
93 KB, 600x450
This is going to sound weird but it keeps happening again and again and again.

Now it's getting warmer people in my neighborhood are starting to mow their lawns. Literally every time someone begins to mow their yard I start to feel incredibly nauseous, dizzy, and sick to my stomach like I'm going to vomit. Every time I have felt this way it has started about 5-10 minutes after I hear mowing. I never felt like this any other time.

The only thing that makes it better is if I lay down and block out all noise.

Am I crazy? Or can the sound of a mower engine make someone physically sick?
>>
Seriously, could it just be a crazy coincidence or can the lower rumble of a mower actually make someone physically sick.
>>
People can be influenced by some EM wavelengths, and sound waves can sometimes screw with vision, etc, but you'd have to be in just the right place.

What you're describing sounds more like it's all in your head. Sorry!
>>
File: tumblr_ngdea3ts441ttj3v1o1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngdea3ts441ttj3v1o1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x500
Some forms of epilepsy can be triggered by sounds.

Go to the hardware store and get the best pair of ear protectors you can find, or get a nice pair of noise-cancelling headphones for your mp3 player.
>>
I'm sorry , but you have grass cancer
>>
>>17167578
Maybe it's all the tiny fragments of grass that are floating around in the air that are making you feel nauseous? I always feel that way when somebody mows grass near me, but for me it's the smell that does it, not the sound

Maybe we're both just retarded though. On the plus side, they can't mow their lawns forever, so it'll pass for a few weeks once your neighbors are all done
>>
>>17167957
>>17167807
You know, if it only happened once or twice I would be like "whatever". But it happens everytime.

Even this morning someone was mowing and I started to feel like shit. An hour or so after they were finished I started to feel much much better. Just recently it started up again and I instantly started to feel sick again before I even consciously became away of the noise.

Like, I was just drawing and super focused and started to notice I was feeling sick again. Then I became fully aware of the lawnmower noise.

I'm going crazy I guess.
>>
File: 1463274729500.png (153 KB, 385x325) Image search: [Google]
1463274729500.png
153 KB, 385x325
OP, I don't become nauseous from the noice, but the noise makes me feel uneasy.
>>
>>17167578
You probably are just severely allergic to grass like me. Freshly cut grass is the worst for me. Try seeing an allergist about this perhaps.

Also could be psychological. But my money is on allergies.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.