[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Still thinking of ex 2.5 years later
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: inception2010.0104.jpg (20 KB, 520x218) Image search: [Google]
inception2010.0104.jpg
20 KB, 520x218
My first gf broke up with me to be with a much more successful man. I took it pretty hard but have tried to move on, I've been dating another gf for 2 years but still think of the ex from time to time. Last night I was having a perfectly good dream about moving into a condo (which is what I'm about to buy) trying to push this dinning table through the hallway I move to try to pull it, while doing so a woman walks by but before passing she puts her chest against me. Looking up I see it is my ex. I basically drop everything and go full beta mode spilling my feelings that she is my only love and that this condo should've been for us instead of my gf. The ex in the dream tells me she wish it would have been different but our plans in life would make chances of getting together slim, then leaves and that's when I wake up.

Current gf says I'd sometimes talk about her in my sleep (I don't dream about what I talk) but that ended over a year ago, this is the first legitimate dream I've had of her. How do I make this end?
>>
>>17167481
sounds pretty normal to think about past relationships when your curent one is succesful
>>
>>17167499
>>17167499

>sounds pretty normal to think about past relationships

No. No it doesn't.
>>
>>17167503
Sure it does. You can have memories of your past. That's completely normal, and relationships just so happen to be a part of your life.

What isn't normal is compartmentalizing things and forgetting about them. This is actually a terrible thing to do because one day they might suddenly resurface. It's a matter of how much you let those memories effect you.

I still remember everything from my first serious relationship over 10 years ago. We were together for 2 1/2 years. Since then I've dated 5 other girls in relationships that lasted anywhere from 1-2 years.

Thinking you should, and can, just forget about everything in your past is asinine.
>>
Well believe it or not I don't want to think of a woman that left me for another guy mainly because he was more wealthy than me.
>>
I have a similar problem, but in my case ex gf cheated and eventually left me for an ugly old NEET poet (a haiku poet at that). I don't think there's anything you can do except going to a psychologist or a psychiatrist, but I wouldn't really advise it unlees you're not completely depressed, suicidal or drinking to much. In my case, new relationships also didn't work at all, but it sounds like you're mighty fine with your currrent one?
>>
Brother me and my ex have been broken up 1.5 years and I don't really want to look back or to be with her but I have atleast one dream per week sometimes three that involve her. Sometimes you just can't help it. I never admit that to anybody or bring her up though.
>>
Totally normal. I still get dreams of my ex from 4 years ago and I can safely say I have no overt feelings for her or any desire to see her ever again. No matter how you feel when you're awake your brain remembers the past and how happy you felt back then, but it doesn't necessarily reflect on how you feel beyond a subconscious level.
>>
women in my dreams are almost always exgf's not current gf's

has always always been that way. don't sweat it
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.