[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm at uni and don't have much money. The thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
So I'm at uni and don't have much money. The thing is I'm a smoker and it's really hard for me to cut down on it because it helps me to handle problems better and I don't have anything else to replace it with. So I leave my weekly budget in cigs, and occasionally beer with my gf, which leaves me a couple of bucks for food. Usually my budget is gone by tuesday and I'm coming back home at friday.

This week I was three days without food, came home, weighed myself and it said that I lost 4 kilos, then I eat whole weekend like crazy and get the lost pounds back. Then it repeats again next week.

How fucked am I in long shot living like this?
>>
rather than worring about how you spend or waste money on going out to the bar or smoking you'd be better off getting a job so you can afford a week's worth of food every week.
>>
>>17166851
I'm gonna start going to a job in june.
>>
>>17166841
>The thing is I'm a smoker and it's really hard for me to cut down on it because it helps me to handle problems
Smoking is your problem and you should deal with it
>>
>>17167042
It's impossible though. I've been smoking since I was thirteen and it has became such a crucial part of my life that I can't even imagine living without it.
It sucks, I know, but I don't really know what to do with it.
>>
>>17167079
Quit you dumb asshole.
>Literally same age to start.
>Smoke for 12 years.
>Up to two packs a day equivalent
>Quit cold turkey
Have a spoonful of cement.
>>
>>17167088
You calling me dumb asshole, when I still got six years in your quitting timespan. How did you fill the holes left by not smoking? How do you cope around hanging out with people who smoke? Smoking is a pillar of socializing for me, if I hadn't smoked I would never meet my gf.

I just wouldn't know what to do without it, it helps me with my social anxiety. I'm grateful for this poison I dare to say.
>>
>>17167142
As I was too.
Originally I changed my fixation. Instead of smoking I'd crack my freaky joints as a distraction. Within a couple minutes of thinking about one, the urge goes away. I still hang around smokers, and I only maybe have one when I'm blind af. It's just a matter of saying no and having the willpower to mean it. Still feels a little weird if I'm at a pub and we're all sitting outside in the smokers area, but it's not like if you quit it will effect anything socially. Unless you and your weird friends just sit around smoking cigs like you're hardXcore bro.
>>
>>17167157
Nah man, I don't know where you from but we still can smoke in pubs and bars here in middle europe, I don't know much about smoker's corners. I was talking about when I'm at dorm, I wouldn't go out normally during the day but when someone texts me if I wanna go down for a ciggy I'll go. If I wouldn't smoke they wouldn't ask and I would be alone whole day, y'know. It'd just be weird if I would just be sitting next to someone who is smoking. I'd probably start again, you see, it's like a cursed cycle.
>>
>>17167174
>>17167157
Also without it, you just don't holla at someone asking if he wants to come by for ten minutes for a quick chat, that'd just be weird.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.