[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are blunt compliments strange?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: flirt-with-girl-2.jpg (17 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
flirt-with-girl-2.jpg
17 KB, 300x210
I guess this is aimed towards the girls on this board more than anyone else

If a guy you vaguely knew (Class or co-worker) gave you a compliment like
>You have really pretty eyes
>I like your hair
>You look really nice today
>Other blunt compliment

Would you be taken aside by how to the point the compliment was? I was talking to a female friend (Don't have feelings for her) about it, and she said sometimes it can come off as creepy. I never thought of it like that, because I've gotten appearance-related compliments by women before, mainly hair/eyes/article of clothing, and have been flattered but never thought twice about it being "weird" or anything.

>Under what circumstance would a compliment like that come across as weird or creepy?
>>
Remember, its 2016. This means girls can get offended at the fact that they are girls. Any reminder, or "compliment", that she is a female is like a derogatory comment made directly at her.

This is your own fault for treating women like royalty. You put them on a pedastal for so many years that now they think their above you in all qualities.

Blame your fellow men for this.
>>
Definitely creepy, and I'd think he's probably trying to get something from me, like sex or a date. I'd probably also wonder if he's autistic
>>
>>17166542
For me, it would be creepy depending on how it's said and the context. If you come up to me and randomly blurt out a compliment while I'm clearly studying or working, I would find it creepy or just annoying.

Though this is all subjective and depends on the individual, of course.
>>
>>17166557
How are you supposed to compliment then?
>>
>>17166563
You don't unless she already knows you like her and she likes you too.
>>
>>17166557
Can't tell if bait or serious. How are you supposed to compliment/flirt then?
>>
>>17166557
See this?

This is how women see men in this country now. That entire time that you've been trying to teach other guys what's "sexy" about women, they've been telling girls how "disgusting" guys are and now we have an entire country of prudes who have no attraction to men and only money and dogs who can't look up and see a leash.
>>
>>17166567
How do you know if she likes you unless you test the waters via compliments/flirting?
>>
>>17166569
You're not. The truth is females are not attracted to males. Comfort and security and completely different.
>>
It's like, "how do I get experience to get a job if I've never had a job to get experience".

It's a fucking game, and the minute you actually want to be a player in it, you lose.
>>
>>17166570
Im so glad i live in a shithold thats 10 years behind sometimes

I can still walk up ti any random girl and say that hair color looks awesome and she will just smile and thank you for it and if you can you can talk a bit or is she's too shy she will turn red and drop spaghetti
>>
>>17166574
If a girl likes you, you'll notice. Besides, if you seem to have a connection, just ask her out.
>>
>>17166583
So what's the dating game's equivalent to unpaid internships?
>>
>>17166570
If I were a girl I wouldn't be attracted to men either

Especially not scruffy unfashionable otaku
>>
>>17166589
That's a bunch of shit. I've "noticed" certain women acting flirty, and not wanting anything more than being friends. I've also found out that women have been interested in me and I haven't spoken more than a few sentences with them. That logic is shit.
>>
>>17166591
Being friend zoned.
>>
File: 1461894116500.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1461894116500.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>17166589

This is a big steaming pile of shit. If a male model or equivalent eye candy for women were to even talk to you then in a blink of an eye you'd be swallowing his load.

Don't ever believe what a woman says on how to treat them, logic isn't their thing.
>>
I'm a guy so maybe this isn't the same, but I like getting compliments from people whether they're girls or boys. Everyone like getting complimented, just don't be creepy about it
>>
>>17166585
Tell me where you are so I can make future arrangements to live there instead of my shithole Mediterranean desert near the ocean.
>>
>>17166725
Croatia

I mean i saw a girl with an epic deep blue to purple hair color abd i just came up to her and told her its amazing and she turned red, laughed and then smiled awkwardly when she noticed her reaction and we talked a bit, i saw her a few times thst day and she smiled every single time
There are bitches but i didnt approach a bitch myself yet so idunno
I even heard a girl talking how a guy randomly came to her and asked ger to ice cream and she was saying how cute it was and how she will call him as soon as she's free

Just say compliments in a light hearted tone and with a smile, no spaghetti and don't out stay your welcome if you do t plan on asking her out

Murica really has some shitty people these days
>>
File: 081.gif (2 MB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
081.gif
2 MB, 320x287
>>17166557
>>17166567
>>17166589

Dumbest person to post on this board all week
>>
Be careful with compliments esp if you're a looker. Unless she's a close friend and you've established a real platonic relationship, a girl would assume that you're attracted to her sexually
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.