[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should i talk to the detective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: christianbale.jpg (15 KB, 349x263) Image search: [Google]
christianbale.jpg
15 KB, 349x263
Edit
ive been fasly accused of raping a 15 year old girl, i know this because the girls cousin told me this. now there is a detective asking her and my family questions and asked if i can come in to talk about it. firstly it didnt happen and i have not been arrested for anything. should i go in and talk to him or is that me throwing myself into the fire even though im innocent. in a side note her cousin whos dating my brother has told me that she now has an STD from another older guy and we believe shes accusing me to try to save her boyfriend. please give me the best advise i can get. i cant afford a lawyer.
>>
Did you have sex with her?
>>
Fucked up situ. Imo, be cordial, polite & accommodating with police, but don't necessarily chase up contact with them. When they get in touch, be honest and relaxed and all will work out
>>
>>17166493
Followup: then counter sue for defamation and damages due to stress. Take that little cunt for everything her family has
>>
no!
>>
i said id go in to talk to him thursday but i afraid itll make things worse if i dont go. but if i do go i feel theyll only try to twist something i say
>>
If you did not have sex with her then there is zero case. No proof.
>>
and what if i had?
>>
>>17166511
Then you do not admit it.
>>
either way, it didnt happen, should i talk to the detective? i have bad anxiety with this kind of stuff and im worried i might say something that they can twist
>>
>>17166522
>I will not comment without a lawyer

The only words you will use.
>>
wont that make me seem guilty?
>>
>>17166528
No. It's so you won't be led on and make false confessions. The detective is not your friend, he wants a confession from you, true or not.

You are under no legal obligation to speak with him. Do, don't.
>>
so should i go in Thursday? i said i would
>>
>>17166535
You probably are no more than 16 years old. You are a scared little kid. They are trying to intimidate you. Don't let them.

Remember, say nothing without a lawyer present. That detective guy can't do shit to you. He can't arrest you. He can't force you to speak to him.
>>
no im 23. this girl had a crush on me from what ive been told by her cousin. Should i go in and talk to them, ive been told thats just so they can arrest me. if they had a warrent they would have gotten me last week when she told the cops right??? thanks for any advise !
>>
>>17166486
The cop is required by law to read you your rights and offer you a lawyer if you are in any danger of being arrested. As long as he doesn't, he is just collecting information, and nothing you say can be used against you. And at any point, even in a casual conversation, you can say "I think I want to talk to a lawyer" and he has to shut up immediately.

So I'd talk to him, since your side of the story might very well end things right there.
>>
>>17166547
If there was an arrest warrant for you, you would already be arrested. Play it safe, don't volunteer any information. There is literally nothing you can gain by voluntarily talking to the detective without a lawyer present.
>>
so best advice is to talk to him and tell him that it didnt happen and if he askes deeper questions and i feel worried. i say i wanna talk to a lawyer?
>>
>>17166486
You say you are under no obligation to speak to anybody unless you are required by law to speak to them, and not to contact you with any more of this unless the above is true otherwise you'll put in a complaint for harassment.

If it comes down to it and you are required/detained to speak to them, you will not speak without a lawyer present, otherwise the only thing that will come out of your mouth is no comment.

Like someone else said, most detective/police or official forces aren't interested in the truth. They are interested in getting you somehow to incriminate yourself so they can charge you. That is all they are interested in. There's no off the record shit either.
>>
so i shouldnt go in? should i call back and tell him i wont go in
>>
so i shouldnt go in? should i call back and tell him i wont go in??
>>
>>17166566
You don't go in. There's nothing you benefit from going in other than a chance to incriminate yourself. Don't even call him back. If he tries to contact you again, tell him the above about there not being a requirement and not to contact you unless there is one.
>>
wont that make them more determined to try to get me arrested? i think i have an unpaid ticket?

thanks for the advice guys. ive never had this happen and am confused on why its happening in the 1st place :( im so scared ive thrown up and been up for days alone since my girl has been working alot.
>>
should i advise my brothers gf, the "victims" cousin, to no go in and talk too?
>>
>>17166592
At least advise everyone to not volunteer any information and be ready to say "I won't say anymore without a lawyer."
>>
>>17166486
Lawyer up first and ask HIM/HER instead of 4chan
>>
wouldnt that make things worse? the girls cousin (my brothers gf) said she would tell the detective only that i met her once when she brought her to my moms and that the "victim" was with a different dude.
>>
>>17166486
>now has an STD
I presume you're std free?
>>
very much so
>>
get a lawyer. just by the way you type I can tell you lack the communication skills to not get bodied by a detective.

AKA you're dumb and need a lawyer. a lawyer is a smart person that can tell what happened to a detective without you getting arrested.
>>
i actually do not lack communication skills prick. im just worried for my future being fucked by some stupid little girl.
>>
>>17166666
dem quints are speaking the truth
>>
>>17166666
My thoughts exactly, quint Satan. People like OP are exactly the type that crooked detectives and prosecutors can wring a false confession out of.
>>
>>17166680
You are scared. You will let yourself be bossed around by detectives wanting a confession. Don't. This is what lawyers are for in this case, to protect you.
>>
ya i am scared but i dont mind saying nothing, i just dont know what to do. again i cant afford a lawyer. college student problems
>>
Fuck that girl. Good luck OP. Hopefully we don't see you on a Netflix show called "Making a Rapist" lol.
>>
>>17166527
Holy shit it took too long for the word lawyer to pop up

Lawyer up you fucking dunce

Do not go talk to an investigator without a lawyer
>>
>>17166486
Tell them you won't testify without your lawyer present. Speak to none of them, tell your family to do the same. Prepare to file complaints about harassment. Remember that lying to the police is illegal and can be punished with jail time, but you have no obligation to talk to the police, especially in the position of a suspect. Let them try to find proof. Say nothing.
>>
cant afford a lawyer!
>>
>>17166801

1) Don't make unnecessary personal comments about the girl. Don't tell the detective she's a slut or a liar. Any aggression you show towards her will likely be held against you.
2) Don't offer up unnecessary information. Only answer the exact question that the detective asked. You're digging yourself into a hole if you let yourself ramble for even a second. A detective is going to be reading into everything you're saying, the more shit you put out there the more ammo you're giving him to question you with.
3) Organize your side of the story and stick to it. If it's not a fucking lie it won't be a problem. Detectives try to make you contradict yourself. Before you walk into that room they have a full hand of cards they plan on using against you. If something you say contradicts what's in their hand you'll have to clear it up satisfactorily. If they have evidence that contradicts what you say you're going to be fucked.
4) Don't hand over your phone under any circumstances. If they want to look at your phone they need a court order.
5) Be prepared to be questioned for at least an hour. 2 or more hours if they're fishing for probable cause for an arrest. the longer you're there the more likely you are to be charged. if you hit the two hour mark and you find yourself answering the same questions over and over again I strongly suggest asking for a lawyer before you say anything else. (better to go in debt for a lawyer to get cleared than get a charge and have to fight it in court with a public defender)
6) if a question confuses you, ask them to rephrase it. do it five times if you need to. getting you to answer something you don't understand is one of the ways they'll try to trip you up and if you fuck up a question badly enough you'll give them probably cause for an arrest.
7) ignore steps 1-6 and get a fucking lawyer because catching a rape charge because you don't know how to talk to police isn't worth your entire life.
>>
>>17166801
Plead the fifth

No rape kit, no arrest unless there's a confession

As long as you didn't actually rape her and your dumb ass can keep your mouth shut you're fine
>>
>>17166511
So you're saying that yes, you've had sex with her. You're 23. She's 15. What's the age of consent where you live?
>>
>>17166511
So you did rape her, even if it was statutory

You can't afford a lawyer, and you refusr to accept "shut the fuck up, don't talk to the police" as advice.

Based on your replies I bet one of you has pictures of the act on your phone.

Enjoy jail, idiot. You earned it.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.