[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is life just shit, and there's no solution it's just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160101_080443.jpg (2 MB, 2368x3200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160101_080443.jpg
2 MB, 2368x3200
Is life just shit, and there's no solution it's just shitty shit?

Is anyone even happy in the world? Old pic of my dog.
>>
life is what you make of it
>>
>>17166322
okay

i think i get it now
>>
>>17166295
>Is life just shit, and there's no solution it's just shitty shit?

It's shit if you immerse yourself too deeply with the planet as a whole. War, famine, disease, poverty, animals killing animals, animals starving to death if they don't kill other animals. If there is a God then it is a megalomaniacal sadist.

But there is joy to be experienced if you ignore the shitty shit and manufacture some meaning and purpose in your own life.

>Is anyone even happy in the world?
Yes. Many people are. Mainly the privileged and ignorant but by certain metrics, you too can fall into those categories... If you want.

>Old pic of my dog.

More pics of pupper pls.

What's his/her's name?
>>
You'll get a lot of mixed answers, asking vaguely like that.

A good portion of people are ignorant, which makes for easier living. Same with the uneducated. In Spanish countries, they teach women to smile even when everything is going wrong, so it makes you wonder who's really telling the truth when anyone every says "yes, there's happy people".

I believe there are some who force themselves to be happy, and some who are to stupid to be anything otherwise. I especially like mentally handicapped people, though. The idea of being almost permanently happy doesn't sound to bad.

It's hard to be smart and happy. Intelligence brings appreciation, but not happiness. An appreciation for life and all things around it, and also a deep disgust for being pulled into a game of torture against our own free will.
>>
>>17166356

But can't one be smart enough to be willfully ignorant?

Like, I loathe the fact that animals have to cause pain towards other animals in order to survive.

Sure, it happens every second every day and not just when I watch nature programs. But the more I willfully avoid it, the more it becomes instinctual to the point that it doesn't exist in my mind. Even writing this now, the notion of a Cheetah hunting down a Gazelle seems absurd to me.

Mental gymnastics aren't necessarily conducive with realism but they can be helpful.
>>
>>17166356
>and also a deep disgust for being pulled into a game of torture against our own free will.
this is a curious thought to me, I hit upon it not long ago when I was arguing with my brother about human genetic modification. He argued that there were inherent questions about its ethicality because offspring of those who have been modified will automatically inherit those altered genes despite never having consented to it. I thought about this for a while and realized that no one ever consented to being born. I'm not prepared to say I wish I had never been made but if I was given the option I'm not so sure I'd want to have been created.

Its such a terrible world we live in filled with breathtaking injustice. I'd like to think that as we progress as a species we will move towards a better civilization, and that in my life I've made some small contributions to that goal but I don't know if that's enough to justify the "gift" of sentience.

At the risk of sounding like an edgelord or bitter incel the more I think about it the more I feel that having children is morally wrong.
>>
>>17166368
>willingly ignorant

That's what drugs are for. I wish this were a joke, but that's exactly why I started smoking weed 8 years ago. Its very easy to get sick of being outcast for being smart. That's not a recommended path, though. That's if you want to sacrifice your potential to be nothing: DO NOT DO.

Let me be the bad example. The short answer is no. Even though cohabitual life is a simple, just out of arms reach concept, it's just unlikely. We're a tournament species, which means we don't help eachother. We work against eachother, cohesively. This is how it is in school, the work place, and all social environments.

What I don't get is the facade. Follow me here; why do we act like we help eachother? It's only up until 18, and it's not even help. Its more like gambling. For the most part, people just want a large turnout for little effort. By this, I mean that people, by large, just want someone they know to get rich so they can use that to get ahead and do nothing.

Friends, family, everything. College is a game of chance at possibly becoming wealthy, because that's all that matters. So we tell everyone, "you HAVE to go to college". Everyone just HAS to pay thousands of dollars for a slightly better gambling chance at success. This is why they're all willing to fund you when you're younger and have potential; they think they're going to be able to guilt money out of you later.

Everyone think's they're playing the end game, and it takes away from the actual perspective of life.
>>
>>17166418
>if I was given the option, I'm not so sure I would have wanted to be created
Amen to that, brother. You're not the only one, I find individuals like this on here sporadically. Currently trying to convince this guy with 75k in another thread that we actually CAN help people. Money tends to be the only issue.

What's the point if we can't do something new or inspirational with our lives?
>>
>>17166337
>But there is joy to be experienced if you ignore the shitty shit and manufacture some meaning and purpose in your own life.

The dogs name is Joy. I didn't name it.
>>
>>17166438

Cute! That coincidence was just as unlikely as one encountering a strain of happiness. But you went out, posted this thread and that coincidence happened. Similar laws of probability also occur in the greater world.

Anyways, I want more pics of Joy.
>>
I'm happy.
>>
>>17166458
Hi, Happy. Nice to meet you.
>>
>>17166460
Hi Dad.
>>
>>17166465
Go to sleep, its fucking 4 o' clock in the morning.
>>
>>17166295
you are setting the bar too high
shoot for content first
happy will follow eventually
>>
>>17166295
I'm happy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.