[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been called "unapproachable" on more than one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I have been called "unapproachable" on more than one occasion, likewise I have been told I have a aura that says " I'm better than you".

How do I fix this?

Decent looking dude.

On the thinner side, but not a stick, I have some muscle, but not even close to being jacked in any capacity.

How do I stop intimidating people? I don't want to become some punk bitch, but I don't want to needlessly drive people away.
>>
>>17165925
Embrace it.
>>
okay
>>
>>17165925
listen to people

don't excessively talk about yourself

smile

listen to people

be genuinely nice. you sound far too concerned with your physical appearance and seem like a very vain person
>>
That's the thing. I don't talk about myself, I'm very quite and I keep a low profile. I'm here for after all, talking to randoms.

The concern is on a physical level because I really don't know how to describe it any other way. I throw in the body description to say "i'm not physically scary". And I say "aura" cause I really don't know how else to say it.

I could stand to smile more, that is something i'm trying to work on. I have a very stone face, but a bright smile. So I am told.

The idea is to try and find the non physical problem of this. Because people don't come and talk to me one on one about it lol this is shit I hear after the fact, after I get to know them, or stuff I just here around work.
>>
>>17165982
could be facial expressions

your description is too vague and i would have to talk to you to gauge what it is. i based that response on how you talked about yourself
>>
>>17165925
Bump because I'm interested as well

I've got the same fucking problem. People say I give off this patronizing vibe like I think most people aren't worth my time.
>>
>>17165984
This. It's facial expressions and mannerisms.

Mike Tyson, The Rock, and Ronnie Coleman are some of the largest, toughest people on the planet, and they're constantly referred to as nice, lovely people who could kill you if they wanted.
You're not physically scary, you just act weird.
>>
>>17165984

The descriptions I get are really vague and it's really bothersome. I try to ask people what it is exactly and they just give me generic answers, mostly the descriptions I have given you all.

I used to think they were the ones with the problem, however I have gotten comments like this throughout my life. Recently as well, so I am the one with the problem obviously. I am very polite and cordial, however I don't dabble in much small talk. Though I open up a lot one on one and have great conversations which lead to great friends
>>
>>17165925
Who told you that you were "unobtainable"?

Was it a guy friend or a female friend?
>>
>>17166031

It's been from both genders, however the overwhelming majority of them are woman.
>>
>>17166034
>overwhelming majority

Well damn how many people have told you this?
>>
>>17166043
About 9 which is not that large of a number, but it's still odd to hear it said now and then.
>>
>>17165925
Do you ever reach out to people? Are you ever the one who says "Hey guys, why don't we all take in that new movie this weekend?"
>>
I get the same comments, OP. If you want to get rid of it, try going out of your way to talk to people around you.

On the other hand, it isn't always a bad thing. I've been told by women that it creates an attractive and mysterious vibe. Take that as you will.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.