[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to be rational here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat_Logo.png (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat_Logo.png
31 KB, 480x480
I'm trying to ask my girlfriend about who she snaps. I don't want to break her privacy and go through her phone, and personally, I think I'm being a bit of a baby here.

I can tell she either receives or sends them, and today I know she's sent some. It's just shit I've extrapolated from her snapscore. Since it's there, I have a hard time looking away, but I think that's just me justifying my own insecurity.

Anyways, I'm really drawing a blank trying to think of a way to ask who she still snaps with. I figure it's probably a few of her old friends, but she doesn't know a lot of people anymore.

Fuck, I'm definitely being a moron here. It's really nothing to worry about and I hate that I can't help but feel this way. I've been with her for a hella long time and through some really rough patches in the past. She's never given up on me or been unfaithful. I'm a big baby.
>>
You're being needy and irrational. The more you think about it, the more you will get stuck in a vicious cycle of doubt and frustration. Every time you think about it, just go do something else.
>>
>>17165643
Yeah, you're right. Funny how a stupid heart emoji disappearing can trigger me to be so dumb. I've dated other girls, but I was never like this. I don't think I've ever cared this much in general, especially about something so small.

I think your advice would work, but I'd rather try to work to fix the problem in the long-term. Normally I'd rationalize it to myself, but that's what I've been doing. Logic's normally how I correct my behaviour, but I'm being really emotional today.
>>
>>17165653
I just got out of a relationship where I was doing the same thing. I can't give you perfect advice. I'm planning on attending counseling sessions so that I can get to the root of my insecurity. Just know that this behavior is toxic, and the more you dwell on it, the worse it will become.
>>
>>17165660
That helps to hear, I think. I'll just put it out of my mind. It's in my best interest. Not even just "our" best interest, but my own. It's really important to take care of yourself, and I don't know how I didn't see it like that before.

I hope this helps. All I can really do is double-down and be confident that it'll work.
>>
>>17165625
>>17165643
either listen to this (i probably should myself)

otherwise, just ask dude
she doesn't know it comes from a needy place it's a pretty normal question, when you see her snapping someone just ask "who are you even snapping with?" if she lies about it big red flag, but she will probably just tell you who

it's really not a big deal
>>
>>17165653
Yooooo I was dating this girl and we had the double pink heart streak and once that disappeared she was fucking other dudes, it hurts man but snapchat is bad for the soul, just feeds narcissism and shiet bruh. Just keep doing you, if she a hoe you'll find out sooner or later, don't trust these girls these days man.
>>
>>17165714
I can't tell if this was a joke or not, but I got a good laugh. I came to the same conclusion. It doesn't matter. Like I love her, but that doesn't mean I can't feel that way about other people. Y'know, worst case, I keep on living.
>>
>>17165718
It's all true but I typed in black twitterspeak to emphasize the absurdity of the situation.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.