[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I graduated high school in 2010, went to community college on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: muripo_neet.jpg (38 KB, 798x350) Image search: [Google]
muripo_neet.jpg
38 KB, 798x350
I graduated high school in 2010, went to community college on and off for a couple years, and had been NEET since.

I got a job at the start of the month and have been losing weight and looking into going back to school to finish things up, but I'm absolutely mortified at the 3-4 years I completely wasted doing nothing but ordering pizza and browsing the web, taking full advantage of my parent's affluence and lack of desire to kick me out. I'll be graduating college in 2019 at the earliest. That's kinda hard to swallow.

Will I get over it? I'm "only" 24, but it's really easy to think up scenarios where I'd be in a real career already and not have any of these other self-inflicted problems or massive gaps in my work history.

tl;dr pulling myself out of NEETdom but the amout of time i wasted is sinking in and causing panic; halp
>>
I don't remember making this thread, but it is so relevant to me to the point where it is spooky
>>
>>17165615
where are you working and what do you wanna study

are you annoyed by how all your coworkers are high schoolers, or dumb mexicans who nonetheless work a lot faster than you
>>
>>17165620
Oh I'm not working, but everything else matches up. I'm going to do general ed for now and it's depressing because of how much time I've had to think about this. People ask me what I want to do when I grow up and I almost say 'kill myself'.
So yeah I can't say I can give you advice. I hope this stuff works out. Sorry to hear about your colleagues
>>
File: Arbeitmachtfrei_01.jpg (13 KB, 220x180) Image search: [Google]
Arbeitmachtfrei_01.jpg
13 KB, 220x180
>>17165603
Worrying will only make you distracted and lower your motivation to fix yourself. accept that you fucked up. Lots of people do this. My own brother is almost 26 and has been NEET for 7 years! We aren't even rich, we live on £25000 a year for a family of 7 people + grandma.

You aren't in such a bad position. Compared to people who were straight edge you have fucked up, but there's millions worse off than you.

The only thing you should do is continue with the trajectory you're on now. Work hard at that job, make friends, impress your boss. These things will matter. Go back to school when you're comfortable and finish up your studies. 1 day in the future none of this will matter. Someone will ask you if you have a degree and you can say yes, or a job, etc.

Keep working. pic semi related, even the nazis knew that all you need to do is work hard no matter what anyone thinks.
>>
>>17165642
thank you my inspiring nazi friend
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.