[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Football (soccer) advice preferably from someone who plays in a team!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 060612_teamgeist_02.jpg (50 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
060612_teamgeist_02.jpg
50 KB, 660x440
Please read up if you train football (soccer).

If anyone here plays football (soccer) on a competitive level, they would be perfect for answering.

Long story short, I'm 19 and have barely played football throughout hs. Before that I kind of played regularly with randoms, but that was it. I never trained in an academy. Now, I'm not super bad but I'm not that good either, I believe it isn't because of lack of a talent, but simply because I just haven't played it that often, especially recently. Now (yes now) I want to try and fulfil my lifelong dream and I would like to try out (or at least ask them if they'd let me) for a recently established shitty local team. I just want to start practising, especially with some peers.

Now, how would I best prepare for a try-out, if given a chance? I can run a lot, my passes are decent, my shooting and shooting accuracy is meh, but I'm working on technique, and my biggest problem is ball control. I easily lose it 1v1. I've been doing some drills which I've seen on YT where you do various exercises where you move the ball from one feet to another, practising various touches.

How can I maximize my chances of getting in, what else can I practice? I wanted to train in an academy ever since I was a kid, but I got cockblocked by my parents so that's why I'm trying to pursue my dream now. I know I'm a little too old for this, but I believe if I really forced myself, I may have a chance at making something out of it (starting to practice in a shitty team in a low league and perhaps climbing my way up over time)

>now
>tl:dr
How to maximize my chances of getting in a shitty local team and how would I practice for it?
>>
You need to play against people as soon as possible, have you any friends that would have a mini match?

I would play to your strengths when attempting to get into a team. If you can't dribble well then don't, just play a nice pass.

To improve your ball skills a tip that was given to me was to have a ball at all times. For example In the house foam ball, take a jog in the park whilst controlling your ball all the time. Even take your ball on a walk to the store.
>>
Use your toes to move the ball

Sidefoot passes

You don't need to be able to shoot but, toes under the ball always will net you a good cross, which is more important.

Just incase you don't know, a cross in is where you're to the left or right of the pitch near goal and you pass it overhead to a player on the opposite side of the pitch
>>
>>17165585
That's great advice, thanks. I'll start doing that. Don't really have any friends that play football though, had 7 guys in my class, rest was girls, couple guys were "girlified" and the rest just plain uninterested.

>>17165600
Thanks for he advice dude, appreciate it!
>>
Bumping!
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.